does anyone know what to do ? Im trying to install .266 on a BB9000 BOLD and Im getting an error during install, at the point of "connecting to boot ROM" it disconnects/connects usb connection a few times, then phone restarts, phone has .167, this is my first time upgrading an os, PLEASE HELP !!!
    Last edited by TailorMade1; 05-30-09 at 06:24 PM.
    05-30-09 06:06 PM
    I have never had so many errors when trying to install 266, I don't understand it. But I finally got it after uninstalling the desktop software and putting it back then loading it going through the app loader screen not the desktop manager way. As well, I deleted the vendor file... Try that... Search the forums too, there are a ton of threads about what different things people have done.
    05-30-09 06:38 PM
    does anyone know what to do ? Im trying to install .266 on a BB9000 BOLD and Im getting an error during install, at the point of "connecting to boot ROM" it disconnects/connects usb connection a few times, then phone restarts, phone has .167, this is my first time upgrading an os, PLEASE HELP !!!
    i'm guessing that you're using a PC with Windows 7 installed
    if that is the case use a PC with either XP or Vista installed and your problem will be resolved
    05-30-09 07:08 PM
    i'm guessing that you're using a PC with Windows 7 installed
    if that is the case use a PC with either XP or Vista installed and your problem will be resolved
    um....why would you assume hes using Windows 7?
    05-30-09 07:42 PM
    um....why would you assume hes using Windows 7?
    because i'm a genius LMFAO...
    because i just might have had experience with windows 7 and upgrading a BB
    05-30-09 08:13 PM
    Im actually using a mac w/parallels w/xp pro
    05-30-09 09:40 PM
    Im actually using a mac w/parallels w/xp pro

aaargh you just had to complicate it .
    get on a PC and do it BBs and macs dont play nice for obvious reasons
    05-30-09 10:04 PM
    aaargh you just had to complicate it .
    get on a PC and do it BBs and macs dont play nice for obvious reasons

way to go genius!!!

theres alot of things that could mess up an OS install. i would try reinstalling the OS again in windows, restart the computer and try again. sounds like the USB drivers were getting messed up and causing you to lose connection. i was having the same issues after i unbranded, my usb cable was recognizing my phone. it took a reboot of the computer to make it work again.
    05-30-09 10:19 PM
    ok, I have a pc also, I'll try it on that, with fingers crossed, I've actually tried all of the above except on an actual pc, i hope it works
    Last edited by TailorMade1; 05-30-09 at 10:33 PM.
    05-30-09 10:31 PM
    It Worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-31-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD