**HELP PLEASE!!!**Hi - hopefully someone can help me out. I am running OS 4.6.0.167, PF 4.0.0.157 (AT&T). I upgraded from the Curve to the Bold, installed the new software and have not been able to sync the address book since. I am running Windows XP Media Addition on my laptop, Microsoft Office 2003. Had no problem whatsoever with my Curve on the laptop; I'm ready to pull my hair out over this issue with my Bold. Tried uninstalling and re-installing the software (went to BB's website and downloaded from there - v 4.6 English), same problem. Synchronization stops mid-way thru the address book and this error message pops up: Intellisync Error encountered. Error code – 0x80040fb3. Check documentation. I've gone through my Outlook address book and changed entries that looked suspicious (suggested on a blackberry.com forum) and done the same with my device address book, but that didn't work either. I've gone to the extreme measure of completely wiping my device (yuk) and starting all over, only to have the same problem when I try and sync. Sadly, I inadvertently hit "Clear" when I was doing a backup prior to wiping the device (the calendar was highlighted) and I lost all my appointment information. At this point I'm contemplating throwing my Bold into the deepest, coldest snowbank I can find and return to my Curve. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?
    Last edited by sk8rx2; 02-07-09 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Still need help with problem, added recent attempts at fixing.
    01-20-09 11:32 PM
    01-20-09 11:48 PM
    I don't know about the Storm, is that possibly the reason for the error code I'm receiving on my Bold? Good grief, the message displays at just over 300 entries, and I've got twice that (business phone). I love the phone, but it's not going to work if that's the case. Has anyone else out there experienced this issue?
    01-21-09 12:32 AM
    I'm receiving the error code "unknown error reported" under the title "Intellisync" every time I try to synchronize. I just started since I've installed 3rd party app Agendus.
    01-28-09 11:25 PM
    don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try. I had a problem syncing my calendar, everything else sync'd but not the calendar. This is what fixed it. PLEASE TAKE A BACKUP FIRST! I went into the bb desktop, backup, advanced (this lists the number of entries in each database), I cleared the calendar entries (you would do the address book), and then the sync worked.

Dave
    02-22-09 09:25 PM
    Most of the time it's simply due to a contact having incorrect information in your outlook. This could be an symbol that your Blackberry doesn't want to recognize or it could be as simple as a first or last name missing in the contact's information field.

For me, I had a bunch of people in my Outlook contacts who I didn't have last names for.

Simply add a name (even if fake) and then try the sync process again.

Worked for me.

0x80040fb3 can't hold us down!!!
    05-22-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD