i'm still using os 4.6.0.282

trying to upgrade either to the latest version of 4.6 or 5.0 last night...

but then when i'm trying to back up on DM (4.6) i says error backing up database.. it says error when backing up blackberry messangers data, i think its the contacts back up....

i've cleaned my browser cache, cookies, history, logs, and it still not working on backing up my database...

for info, i got 560ish contacts on my blackberry messanger, i heard from my friends that we cannot back up the data if the blackberry messanger contacts exceed 250ish? is that true?

please help, as i need to upgrade my os because now the memory leaked so badly...

cheers,
    Erwin
    05-25-10 07:20 PM
    anyone???

many people views but no one reply yet...
    05-25-10 08:48 PM
    Don't become nervious ... this is not an instant messaging forum

1) on a PC using add/remove programs, remove the Desktop software.
    2) install the latest version of DM:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    05-25-10 09:07 PM
    Don't become nervious ... this is not an instant messaging forum

1) on a PC using add/remove programs, remove the Desktop software.
    2) install the latest version of DM:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    u really sure its from the DM?

well not really nervous, just curious, many people views but no reply
    05-25-10 09:23 PM
    using DM open backup and restore n then choose advance.
    05-25-10 09:50 PM
    using DM open backup and restore n then choose advance.
    05-25-10 09:57 PM
    Id go the advance route, what BBM are you using?

Or just pull the battery, wait 30 secs, and go again at the full backup....
    05-26-10 04:10 AM
    i've downloaded Desktop Manager 5.0.1 also o/s 5.0.0.681 and also install them, not forget to delete the vendor.xml file

before i upgrade i have to backup my data first, but then the error message come up again, it says error backup blackberry messanger, i guess its the bbm contacts, for info i got almost 600 contacts on my bbm contacts...

can anyone help me? i've also tried to clear the browser stuff at desktop manager advanced setup, and yeah still error...

i want to upgrade my os and my bbm (still using bbm4) but then always failed on backing up the data so i stucked with 4.6.0.282

looking forward for answers from experts here

cheers
    06-17-10 01:04 AM
    anyone here can help???
    06-17-10 03:16 AM
    Try Advanced backup in DM ... or BBSAK ..

or upgrade to bbm 5 then backup locally or remotely on your email
    06-17-10 07:11 AM
    i've downloaded Desktop Manager 5.0.1 also o/s 5.0.0.681 and also install them, not forget to delete the vendor.xml file

before i upgrade i have to backup my data first, but then the error message come up again, it says error backup blackberry messanger, i guess its the bbm contacts, for info i got almost 600 contacts on my bbm contacts...

can anyone help me? i've also tried to clear the browser stuff at desktop manager advanced setup, and yeah still error...

i want to upgrade my os and my bbm (still using bbm4) but then always failed on backing up the data so i stucked with 4.6.0.282

looking forward for answers from experts here

cheers

you can backup your BBM contacts remotely using your email
    > options > BlackBerry Messenger > press the BB menu button and select options > scroll to backup > remotely . . . . Restore your contacts the same way.

BBM 5.0.0.57 is available at App World OR HERE

Use BBSAK as stated above to backup and load the OS. Link to BBSAK at my signature
    06-17-10 08:17 AM
    you can backup your BBM contacts remotely using your email
    > options > BlackBerry Messenger > press the BB menu button and select options > scroll to backup > remotely . . . . Restore your contacts the same way.

BBM 5.0.0.57 is available at App World OR HERE

Use BBSAK as stated above to backup and load the OS. Link to BBSAK at my signature
    i'm still on bbm4 and os 4.6.282... so there is no feature of backing up bbm contacts using email...
    06-17-10 01:27 PM
    anyone?????
    06-18-10 08:09 PM
    Obviously, you didn't read or comprehend that last post above your latest two, which told you to get BBM 5.0.0.57 and then try backing up. (Click on the link in that post that says "HERE." Do it NOW, before you post again.)

And why are you backing up before upgrading your OS? If you use App Loader (loader.exe) to upgrade, it backs up and restores everything for you -- no need for BBSAK, CrackMem, backing up with DM, etc.

Go to the first post in the stickied .681 thread at the top of 9000 forum here. Follow the simple 4-step instructions. Voila, you're done.

I would upgrade the version of BBM you have first, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JasW; 06-18-10 at 09:32 PM.
    06-18-10 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD