Hey guys. I have done some extensive research all over this forum among others, and have tried possibly every fix, but it doesn't seem to be working. The problems that I am encountering are the errors 507/561 on the BB screen, as well as some problems with connecting to my BB.

First of all, I have tried wiping with a lot of programs. These programs include JL_cmder, BBSAK, and Crackmem. After wiping, I have tried installing both OS5 and OS6 using Desktop Manager, as well as straight through the AppLoader. However, when it is nearly finished updating, it says that "Application Loader is unable to connect to your device", listing out a bunch of things that I should do. I have followed all of those steps as well, but to no avail.

Also, I have tried it with and without batteries, tried to reinsert it at the "device initialization phase..." etc. But it says it's unable to connect at about the "updating applications" part.

I'm not able to return it, and it is no longer covered under warranty. Any ideas?
    Last edited by steevonT; 07-31-11 at 12:19 AM.
    07-31-11 12:03 AM
    have you tried this on a different computer yet? If it doesn't work, just drop it off at a cellphone recycling thing and then obtain a temporary phone until you can get a replacement blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 11:56 PM
    Thanks for replying.

I have tried on two different computers yeah. I really want to try and get this phone working. I wasn't using this phone in this past, but my relative was. And at that time, it was working. So essentially I just received this phone while my relative went and got a new one. As such, it wouldn't be plausible to demand a new one. If I could get this phone working though, it would be a nice upgrade.

Any other tips/tricks?
    08-01-11 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD