im getting error 507 on a 970 bold.

im trying to wipe the device and put a new OS to get it up and running again, however (ive googled at least a million pages!) when i use apploader it gets as far as loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod" after what appears to be the device restarting.

the application loader then complains about not being able to connect to my device as the handset is now stuck in a loop....please help this is driving me mad!!

when error 507 was coming up the device was looping as in it would attempt to start up, error, then restart over and over again....what this looks like is the update starts but the phone is told to restart or similar and the looping starts again as the phone wont stay on long enough to complete the install...please please help!!
    07-05-11 07:21 AM
    im getting error 507 on a 970 bold.

im trying to wipe the device and put a new OS to get it up and running again, however (ive googled at least a million pages!) when i use apploader it gets as far as loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod" after what appears to be the device restarting.

the application loader then complains about not being able to connect to my device as the handset is now stuck in a loop....please help this is driving me mad!!

when error 507 was coming up the device was looping as in it would attempt to start up, error, then restart over and over again....what this looks like is the update starts but the phone is told to restart or similar and the looping starts again as the phone wont stay on long enough to complete the install...please please help!!
    It sounds like your OS files have been corrupted. Run the installer to remove the OS from your PC. Download it again and install the new download. Rewipe your phone and give it a go.
    07-05-11 09:53 AM
    ive tried this over and over, but when its gets to initializing device the phone starts rebooting and wont stay on long enough to finish the instal!!
    07-05-11 10:08 AM
    I'm having the same problem. It just won't update the OS...
    07-29-11 12:47 AM
    Try this: launch loader.exe and hit next. Hook your blackberry up and pull the battery out. Put the battery back in, and as soon as your pin shows up in loader hit next again. This will lock your phone into a special mode for loading the os where it can't reboot.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    07-29-11 01:02 AM
    Try this: launch loader.exe and hit next. Hook your blackberry up and pull the battery out. Put the battery back in, and as soon as your pin shows up in loader hit next again. This will lock your phone into a special mode for loading the os where it can't reboot.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    This is exactly what I did to recover my 8130 from a loop boot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD