Good news for all Epocrates users!

I'm testing out their new beta program and I am happy to announce that the Rx and Tables programs are now installed on the microSD card, which saves a ton of space. I deleted the present program and did a QuickPull before installing the beta. After a second QuickPull, I went from 43MB to 39MB, which is a significant improvement over past installs. This new program should easily clear up 5-6 MB.

On a sad note, the program still runs in the background with no option to close or exit.

From the email I received from Epocrates, the new program should be released in late June or early July.
    06-17-09 11:46 PM
    Sounds great I love Epocrates as far as the app itself. But it was a bit of a memory hog. Keep us posted...
    06-17-09 11:50 PM
    I am running the beta as well on an 8330. The previous install took up 11mb (from 36mb free to 25mb, yikes!) despite having a 16gb microSD installed. The beta is a godsend. Takes up 3mb on the device now (36 to 33mb post install) and the epocrates folder takes up 4.7mb on the microSD. Still can't close the program but I'll live with that now that I have my memory back. App is snappy and smooth. Love the OTC meds support. Hopefully there won't be too much of a mem leak on further testing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:48 AM
    The who what?
    06-18-09 03:05 PM
    I am running the beta as well on an 8330. The previous install took up 11mb (from 36mb free to 25mb, yikes!) despite having a 16gb microSD installed. The beta is a godsend. Takes up 3mb on the device now (36 to 33mb post install) and the epocrates folder takes up 4.7mb on the microSD. Still can't close the program but I'll live with that now that I have my memory back. App is snappy and smooth. Love the OTC meds support. Hopefully there won't be too much of a mem leak on further testing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks sarge looking forward to it...
    06-18-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD