i am trying to get to my Engineering Screens . anyone know how ?
    07-27-09 11:39 PM
    is your phone unbranded?
    07-27-09 11:51 PM
    There's usually a step-by-step tutorial with screenshots in my sig, but it won't show in this post since I'm writing from my Bold. Do a search for "how to switch between 2G and 3G on AT&T without debranding" or look for other posts I've written in the full version of the forums.

Thyth-O-Matic is a good search term too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 11:55 PM
    1- disable dialing from home screen

2- ALT+Shift+H - will get you in the help screen.

3- once in the help screen enter a special code

Generate special code here

the information needed in this website can be found when you go to your help screen

enjoy! but dont play with it if you dont know what youre doing, you can mess things up..
    07-27-09 11:58 PM
    boostnek9 you beat me to it =P
    Last edited by nikolous; 07-28-09 at 12:00 AM. Reason: boostnek9 beat me to it
    07-28-09 12:00 AM
    Thyth-O-Matic did it . thank you . does anyone know what everything means and how to change it ?
    i know that is the biggest question but i am trying to know everything i can about my bold
    07-28-09 12:00 AM
    the only thing i change in there is my voice codec
    07-28-09 12:17 AM
    what do you change it to and why ?
    07-28-09 12:21 AM
    boostnek9 you beat me to it =P
    hehe! umm you changed the codec? to what ? and what's the purpose of that? I went in the escreen but didnt want to touch anything really!
    07-28-09 12:21 AM
    Actually lets talk about the escreen here. I have mine unlocked and so far i look at RAM, Battery usage and cell tower locks. Any other useful stuff in there?
    07-28-09 12:24 AM
    I had to view my Engineering Screen since my Bold refused to connect with Missing Sync, and they provided similar instructions as boostnek9 has above. While I could start syncing after changing setting for USB MS...(I changed to USB MS:Enabled), I couldn't get rid of the Engineering Screen thereafter and they popped up whenever I typed ALT+Shift+H. It is only when I upgraded the OS, did the Engineering Screen disappear.
    I definitely don't recommend opening those screens unless very essential.
    07-28-09 12:47 AM
    Same here, everything else I'm not going to play around with.
    07-28-09 01:47 AM
    Same here, everything else I'm not going to play around with.
    To what setting do you change the voice codec to?
    07-28-09 01:52 AM
    hehe! umm you changed the codec? to what ? and what's the purpose of that? I went in the escreen but didnt want to touch anything really!
    You change it to AMR-FR codec "aka" full rate. Which results in better voice quality. The only way changing this I could see being beneficial to someone, is for two main reasons only. The first being if you use your phone, and primarily leave it in EDGE/GSM. By changing this codec has no effect with 3G as it doesnt apply to the technology. Or secondly if your carriers default the GSM/EDGE network in your area on AMR-HR codec "aka" half rate.

They do this to limit congestion on the network by being able to fit more users on the network. The downside to this is the voice quality is degraded.
    07-28-09 01:56 AM
    To what setting do you change the voice codec to?
    AMR-FR "full rate codec"
    07-28-09 02:05 AM
    Thanks for the tip Xpimp. I'll see if it makes a difference tomorrow.
    07-28-09 03:19 AM
    yeah i changed it to AMR-FR as per Chris' (Tronyx) suggestions. I didn't know it didn't affect 3g though. (I'm in Aust and pretty much everywhere is 3g)
    07-28-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD