I agree with being informed about what the negatives as well. Engadget reviews always sound like they hating…when they reviewed the first Torch that was brutal. I think they were a little less harsh with this one.
    08-16-11 06:57 PM
    I think everyone needs to keep these reviews in perspective. The Galaxy S2 got a 9 out of 10 and it has better hardware spec's on every measurable front. The HTC Sensation got an 8/10. I'm not knocking the 9900. I actually got to spend the day with one today. It's a great device. I do say though, the phrase "should have been released a year ago" is exactly correct.

Dont worry about what the reviewers have to say, enjoy your new Berry. Living well is the best revenge.
    08-16-11 07:04 PM
    A lot of the SGS2 praise is due to vanilla android + extremely thin design + nice styling though.

You also have to wonder if the performance results are more vanilla android related rather than actual hardware specs.

For the most part hardware specs are just something pretty to list side by side when doing reviews.
    08-16-11 07:09 PM
    A lot of the SGS2 praise is due to vanilla android + extremely thin design + nice styling though.

You also have to wonder if the performance results are more vanilla android related rather than actual hardware specs.

For the most part hardware specs are just something pretty to list side by side when doing reviews.
    Not sure what you mean by vanilla as the GS2 runs Samsung's touch wiz interface. Its about as vanilla as chocolate. I had the GS2 next to the 9900 today. Trust me, the specs on the GS2 arent just window dressing. As I said though, the 9900 is a sweet device. If you are coming from a 9780 or a 9650 or a torch, this thing is next gen through and through. But when you compare it to the latest and greatest from the other producers its behind the curve.
    Last edited by garment69; 08-16-11 at 07:15 PM.
    08-16-11 07:13 PM
    The phrase 'should have been released a year ago' is interesting because it's obvious that RIM is the one playing catch up. Remember when RIM was the smartphone leader? I miss those days. RIMPIRE strike back!
    08-16-11 07:20 PM
    Not sure what you mean by vanilla as the GS2 runs Samsung's touch wiz interface. Its about as vanilla as chocolate. I had the GS2 next to the 9900 today. Trust me, the specs on the GS2 arent just window dressing. As I said though, the 9900 is a sweet device. If you are coming from a 9780 or a 9650 or a torch, this thing is next gen through and through. But when you compare it to the latest and greatest from the other producers its behind the curve.
    Hmm, strange I thought the sgs2 was vanilla for some reason, granted i don't follow android devices much anymore since the TB.

That said, there are plenty of higher spec'd android devices that are not as smooth as IOS devices, so I don't rest too much in hardware specs alone...
    08-16-11 07:46 PM
    Read the review from "The Verge"....they gave it a 6.5/10. I lost interest when they mentioned that it wasn't as easy to type with because it didn't have auto-correct......umm okay.
    this is Smartphone of-course it has auto-correct... I guess you just have to be smart enough to know how to turn it on
    09-01-11 10:01 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD