as stated my bb9000 is stuck in endless wiping loop, goes to 100% back to 1% then bam! white screen restarts and back to wiping loop again.

fyi, tried:
    1) jl commander wipe no luck,
    2) its dos prompt javaloader wipe commande - no device so no dice.
    3)mfi multiloader seem to put it in a different state, after the process i press START and says no os installed and tried installing os via dm or loader /nojvm still no luck
    4) changing battery
    5) pulling out the battery for a good while
    6) using loader wipe 9000 .bat file with the MFI-17584-032 included

for the record the usb device seemed to connecting ok to the pc, as it makes the usb connect sound. and my dm/app loader does make out the pin and or dm at some point. most noteably after the mfi process, hence mfi can detect the device but oddly not bbsak or jlcommander javaloader

last working os was 4.6.0.190 already internally wiped it so no 3rd party app was installed, tried upgrading to 5.x.x.x isn't working properly. if anyone has some ideas what to do, i am all ears... including some risky biz, nothing to loose at this point as i already ran out my warranty. respectfully note that i have tried the 101 problem steps.

really annoyed with the wiping loop, again any ideas apart from what i've done so far would be appreciated. thanks very much
    Last edited by perfectjudith; 06-28-10 at 07:18 PM.
    06-28-10 07:11 PM
    You say: " ....seem to put it in a different state"

Is this problem possibly the result of a failed attempt to de-brand?
    If so, all may be lost.

As you say: " ...risky biz"

(FYI: "de-branding" discussion is prohibited on this forum)
    Last edited by mandony; 06-28-10 at 08:20 PM.
    06-28-10 07:48 PM
    Sounds like you hosed it which is what can happen when you try to use that illegal software that we do not discuss here. No more MFI or debranding talk please! Look for a thread at Pinstack about reviving a dead BB, that MAY be able to help you, but Pinstack is moving their server or something (I just tried to find the thread, which MAY be listed in my sig there).

EDIT: For the record, it is difficult to ruin a BB, you can recover from most things, using the 101, or Reed McLay's procedure, HOWEVER trying to debrand your device CAN ruin it beyond repair which is one of the reason we don't allow it to be discussed here. The other reason is that the software itself is RIM's proprietary property and has NOT be released to the public thus it is illegal.
    06-28-10 08:41 PM
    oh no...i wasnt trying to debranding it, sorry i didnt make it clear. and as for m*i, i was just trying to state the possible alternatives to riveve my handheld. the issue started when the usb port couldnt connect to my pc, so i had it repaired, and the usb worked like a charm. i dont know if the technician bungled it somehow or i messed the installation process, but i can't seem to install an upgrade (had to try cuz my phone kept switching on and off for whatever reason, not daily, but thought i give it a shot fixing the usb). once the os 5 upgrade failed i tried wiping it. and i am stuck to where i am now.

as for my earlier comment about different state, it is not about debranding it, just wanting to stop the wiping loop, shows no os leaded momentarily. but goes back doing so after reboot, that's what i meant

Again sorry if i didnt make it clear, wasn't trying to debranding it at all. truth be told i dont even understand the benefits of debranding or what that would accomplish, i do apologize.

am not trying to start an illegal issue/topic just desperate for help and answer
    Last edited by perfectjudith; 06-28-10 at 09:14 PM.
    06-28-10 08:55 PM
    Ok, you need that thread at Pinstack.com, but their servers are being moved tonight, BUT I KNOW it can help you. Check this thread tomorrow night and I will have found it for you. I think it's in my signature at their Forum, but if not I will find it.
    06-28-10 09:24 PM
    Can't believe I'm still up! Anyways Pinstack is back up so I grabbed the thread link for you. This proceedure has worked where others have failed.....

How To ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected 2 - Smartphone Forums

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD