When you enable encryption (under the 5 os) can you then remove the SD card, reformat it erasing all data, re-install, and start with encryption DISABLED?

Have a 9650 with encryption enabled by method: Device (yes, I know now that's bad). For dumbness, or typo in the password, or sub-space anomaly my encryption password is not being accepted.

Do any of you know if I can reformat the card (yes I know it erases all data) blowing away the password to start from the DISABLED state again? Or do I have to get rid of the non-working password by some other manner?
    02-22-13 09:44 PM
    I don't know, but it seems you have nothing to lose by trying and then reporting your results.
    02-22-13 10:04 PM
    Thanks. I just realized I can log into my Protect account, and possibly wipe my phone from there. Then restore with an unencrypted backup. But...will Protect allow me to remote wipe my phone that has since been encrypted? Do you know Jeff?
    02-22-13 10:08 PM
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with BlackBerry Protect or with encrypting microSD cards. My IT policy requires my device to be encrypted, but not the SD card. I don't have a media card in my 9930.
    02-22-13 10:20 PM
    Oh...thanks.

I have no BES and no corporate policy. My 9650 is personal purchased new by me from Verizon. All I want to do is blow away the password and reset the phone to factory specs with no encryption password. Any clues on that?
    02-22-13 10:24 PM
    Oh...thanks.

I have no BES and no corporate policy. My 9650 is personal purchased new by me from Verizon. All I want to do is blow away the password and reset the phone to factory specs with no encryption password. Any clues on that?
    If the problem is with your device password, entering it incorrectly will result in all the personal data being deleted irretrievably. You can then change the password to something else or disable it entirely. I don't know how that affects a media card.
    02-23-13 10:34 AM
    Oh...discovered an interesting detail....turns out when you enter the requested password upon creating the backup file, the system doesn't give a damn whether you use UPPER or lower case, because it treats both entries as lower case..........!!! Um....who thought that one up?
    02-25-13 01:32 AM
    I need my encryption memory unlcok an disable for more uses for my bb so please help me.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-15-13 at 12:02 AM. Reason: removed imei and email
    03-13-13 12:35 AM
    I need my encryption memory unlcok an disable for more uses for my bb so please help me.
    You can change the setting yourself on the phone, if I'm understanding your request correctly.

Not sure why you'd post your imei and email on a public forum, but it's been removed for your protection.
    03-15-13 12:05 AM