My beloved girlfriend uses a Bold9000 with OS 4.6xxx. Up to now she was able to switch the disabled/enabled Button under the menu-point "encryption" (Security Options) Few days ago she downloaded some free skins/themes offered here by CB. Suddenly (unknown point of time) a small pictogram (Lock) appears in front of the button. The menu is also changed: the option to chance is deleted. The same to my Bold9700 since two days... What happens? Can someone explain it to me?
    05-31-10 05:15 AM
    Must be a security policy. I just swapped from BPS to BESX and the default "Memory Cleaning" setting is on and locked. I am guessing a new or updated security policy was shot down to the BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 08:30 PM
    Thanx for your suggestion... i reckon the same... but we didnt change the carrier or other solutions (BIS/BES/BESX/etc.)... Life happens... T-mobile denies any activity in this way, but i�ve learned, that even my girlfriend knows sometimes more about bb as some t-mobile-employees...:-)
    06-01-10 05:20 AM
    Further digging and some iterative testing revealed it is related to encryption. If I turn encryption off memory cleaning gets turned off. When I turn the encryption back on, the memory cleaning gets turned on and locked.
    06-03-10 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD