If I ever am going to upgrade to Z10, my venerable 9650 needs to complete this trick.......anybody know about this?

BACKGROUND:
    9650 running OS-5 had encryption password applied (Device level, contacts on device and SD card). Password stopped being received. Sometimes when entering the password the whole alphanumeric human-readable word showed as I typed it....other times just the large black dots we normally see. Long story short: used up all tries, device beboots and wipes all. I am fine with that as I have an UN-encrypted backup that's only a week old.

DESTINATION:
    1) Want to kill the stupid encryption password forever along with all the data I don't need.
    2) Want to restore the 9650 to factory specs or at least pre-encryption password status,
    3) Then get my 9650 back without the damn encryption password
    4) Lastly, I will restore the last backup,

QUESTION:
    What's the most direct way to do this?
    02-23-13 12:53 AM
    You've done everything you need to do. Restore your backup and you're done.
    1) the old data on the device is gone. Since a password was set when you wiped the device, you may be asked to enter a password again. This is a new password. It can be anything you know, even 1111. Set it, then you can go into the security options and disable the password.
    2) restore the backup.
    3) , 4) you already did.
    02-23-13 10:43 AM
    Thanks Jeff. I am now fully restored...and would not have lost everything had I known about Blackberry's trick. Blackberry Desktop doesn't give a fig about case on password creation when engaging creation of new backups. I thought it did. It doesn't. At least on OS 5 in the 9650. Hope Z10 sails over all this.
    02-25-13 01:37 AM