This is my first blackberry so this might be normal but when I look on blogs that have embedded videos on them nothing shows at all. If it wasn't for the site saying look at the video below I wouldn't even know that one exists. I can't see why the videos won't show as generally they are you tube videos anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 05:35 AM
    The reason for that is that blackberry or should I say no mobile OS ( winmo,osx,webos,android) has embedded flash support yet.. If am correct they are working on it but don't hold your breath might take some time.. by the way welcome to CB & enjoy da 9700..
    Last edited by jsanta11; 01-04-10 at 07:19 AM.
    01-04-10 07:17 AM
    The prior poster is right. Native Flash support is coming to Blackberry sometime this year. Search the blog posts for posts covering the Blackberry Developers Conference, you'll find some interesting info there.
    01-04-10 07:30 AM
    The current blackberry browser doesn't support flash and therefore does not support embeded videos. If this is something that you really need, try using Bolt Browser. It is a third party browser for the bb. It does support embeded youtube videos. The videos are not that big and thr qualty isn't the greatest, but it does the job.

01-04-10 07:56 AM
    The reason for that is that blackberry or should I say no mobile OS ( winmo,osx,webos,android) has embedded flash support yet.. If am correct they are working on it but don't hold your breath might take some time.. by the way welcome to CB & enjoy da 9700..
    That's not correct. Symbian 5th, for all its considerable faults, does have native flash in the browser. It's yet another thing in a long list that keeps me laughing at the dopes paying a grand for an iPhone.
    01-04-10 08:09 AM
    That's not correct. Symbian 5th, for all its considerable faults, does have native flash in the browser. It's yet another thing in a long list that keeps me laughing at the dopes paying a grand for an iPhone.
    I stand corrected my bad .. but when I use to own the nokia 5800 ( I guess symbian 5th is running n97 and up)
    01-04-10 08:12 AM
    The 5800 does have it (flash) and runs Symbian 5th.

The flash is around v8 so it doesn't render every site. It's not perfect but it works on a surprising number of pages. There are a couple of other browsers for the 5th edition phones that also offer flash like Skyfire (moving to beta now) and I think Bolt.
    01-04-10 08:20 AM
    The current blackberry browser doesn't support flash and therefore does not support embeded videos. If this is something that you really need, try using Bolt Browser. It is a third party browser for the bb. It does support embeded youtube videos. The videos are not that big and thr qualty isn't the greatest, but it does the job.

Have downloaded and tried this on some blogs and the video box is there. It shows "loading" but then goes back to "click to play" then back to "loading" and keeps going around in circles.

01-04-10 12:06 PM
    Not working with Flash yet, but embedded media works fine with Bolt browser. Try that.
    Bolt Browser - I don't use it for -everything- as it's not ideal for zooming in and out of pages, but it's nice enough for some stuff.

Edit: looks like someone already recommended this. My bad.

01-04-10 12:08 PM
    Try going to options-perferences and select video settings. There is a setup wizard that will help configure the video settings.

01-04-10 12:10 PM
    Also try a battery pull after the installation. My Bolt wouldn't load at all until after a reset.

01-04-10 12:13 PM
    when torch comes out it will support flash apparently
    01-04-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD