Tapping the K button will put it in PASSWORD lock if you have a password set.
    Not on mine, you must have it set that way or thats a 9700 feature. I chose to have mine as a sidekey button
    07-07-10 09:27 AM
    Ok yeah options then password........ LOL sorry peoples, I had said it's been awhile LOL
    I don't use the PW function, probably should. I don't lock my Bold either, and I have never accidentally dialed a number until this morning, as luck would have it. Called the wife's purse. No one answered
    07-07-10 09:28 AM
    lol someone would know your life's history if you lost your phone!! bad boy
    07-07-10 09:29 AM
    Not on mine, you must have it set that way or thats a 9700 feature. I chose to have mine as a sidekey button
    So what happens when you press K?
    07-07-10 09:33 AM
    I don't use the PW function, probably should. I don't lock my Bold either, and I have never accidentally dialed a number until this morning, as luck would have it. Called the wife's purse. No one answered
    Can't tell you how many times I have called the wife's purse. She refuses to carry it anywhere but there and tends to put it in the back seat of the car, the trunk or leave it in the car when we go into a store since I have my wallet with me and there is plastic in it. Really annoys me when we get separated in a store and I call her purse in the car and of course get no answer.
    07-07-10 09:33 AM
    So what happens when you press K?
    Nothing, I have nothing saved there and when I go to my shortcuts nothing is there either
    07-07-10 09:51 AM
    Can't tell you how many times I have called the wife's purse. She refuses to carry it anywhere but there and tends to put it in the back seat of the car, the trunk or leave it in the car when we go into a store since I have my wallet with me and there is plastic in it. Really annoys me when we get separated in a store and I call her purse in the car and of course get no answer.
    I have that problem with family members who leave their phones at home. I'm like whats the point of having a cell phone if you leave it at HOME?! duh lol
    07-07-10 09:53 AM
    He was making a date with some chick and his girlfriend or wife heard the entire conversation.

The only time I pocket dial is when I forget to go on standby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 10:03 AM
    He was making a date with some chick and his girlfriend or wife heard the entire conversation.

The only time I pocket dial is when I forget to go on standby.

LOL Sort of my scenario but with a little more monkey business if you know what I mean lol
    07-07-10 10:06 AM
    I have that problem with family members who leave their phones at home. I'm like whats the point of having a cell phone if you leave it at HOME?! duh lol
    I ask the same thing when my wife doesn't answer AND SHE HAS IT WITH HER!What the heck am I paying for???
    07-07-10 10:09 AM
    LOL Sort of my scenario but with a little more monkey business if you know what I mean lol
    Haha! my thoughts exactly!
    07-07-10 10:17 AM
    Ahh for the K button to work, you need to have the (noob) "dial from homescreen" feature off.
    07-07-10 10:38 AM
    I ask the same thing when my wife doesn't answer AND SHE HAS IT WITH HER!What the heck am I paying for???
    Had that happen and when asked she says, "I didn't hear it". When I check the phone it is no wonder she didn't hear it, the volume is all the way to zero. Sheesh!!
    07-07-10 10:44 AM
    Had that happen and when asked she says, "I didn't hear it". When I check the phone it is no wonder she didn't hear it, the volume is all the way to zero. Sheesh!!
    LOL with my mom I have to call her twice because of the "didn't hear it" excuse. Second time usually does the trick. Maybe you can give it a go too but with volume on ZERO, maybe not so much lmbo
    07-07-10 11:03 AM
    I was trying to keep it family friendly.

07-07-10 11:33 AM
    I use a case with a magnet in it. You don't have to worry about locking your phone and the buttons are automatically disabled when it's in the case.
    07-07-10 12:01 PM
    What I want to know is where is there a real crackberry store? He said he was at the crackberry store. I didn't know they actually existed. Maybe they're staffed with hot chicks that dress like hooters girls & that's where the embarrassing situation comes into play.

07-07-10 12:49 PM
    My mind is wandering to the worst case scenario LOL

If you hold the A button down it'll lock the phone. I have mine saved to a shortcut button on the left side. You can change it as well if you prefer so that frees up your A button for Speed dial. You just have to get into the habit of locking the phone all the time. I do it so that if it gets stolen, no one can get into it and I do it because I don't want it getting bumped in my purse and dialing.
    If "A" Locks it what letter unlocks it?
    07-07-10 12:59 PM
    What I want to know is where is there a real crackberry store? He said he was at the crackberry store. I didn't know they actually existed. Maybe they're staffed with hot chicks that dress like hooters girls & that's where the embarrassing situation comes into play.
    I noticed that too, and suddenly had a scenario of a user overheard while 'enjoying' browsing the Crackberry online store...OH OTTERBOX!
    07-07-10 01:00 PM
    If "A" Locks it what letter unlocks it?
    The lock button on the top of the phone unlocks it and thats what it tells you to hit when you want to unlock it. It's kind of pointless to have the shortcut A button in my opinion.
    07-07-10 01:08 PM
    The lock button on the top of the phone unlocks it and thats what it tells you to hit when you want to unlock it. It's kind of pointless to have the shortcut A button in my opinion.
    Duh! Since the top button both loacks and unlocks why would they even think of wasting a speed-dial position to use as a lock button. Really dumb!
    07-07-10 01:25 PM
    thats why i keep sticking around here hoping someone gives me directions!
    07-07-10 01:38 PM
    Duh! Since the top button both loacks and unlocks why would they even think of wasting a speed-dial position to use as a lock button. Really dumb!
    Exactlyyyyyyyy
    07-07-10 02:06 PM
    I dunno I find it easier to hit the A button then reach for the top button. That's one thing I hated about the iphone reaching for the top button to unlock/lock.
    07-07-10 04:15 PM
    My right side convenience key is set to camera. Many times I grab it out of the holster and turn the camera on. It's always a surprise to see what I've taken a picture of by accident.
    07-07-10 04:39 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD