Hi,

So today my phone made an unintended call that resulted in an embarrassing situation.
    I was at the crackberry store looking around but decided to wait until I can get some input from the community. What have you done to prevent this situation from happening?

Locomark

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 01:54 PM
    Set a device password or use the keyboard lock?
    07-06-10 01:56 PM
    Phone lock.
    07-06-10 01:58 PM
    Phone lock.
    phone lock my friend
    07-06-10 02:20 PM
    Hi,

So today my phone made an unintended call that resulted in an embarrassing situation.
    I was at the crackberry store looking around but decided to wait until I can get some input from the community. What have you done to prevent this situation from happening?
    I'd like to hear more.....

07-06-10 02:29 PM
    Me, too. Details, please.

07-06-10 03:12 PM
    Definitely more details. :-)

Phone lock or even something as simple as Swipelock....patternlock....etc. they all lock the screen.
    07-06-10 03:17 PM
    I use the phone lock as well. The case that came with the bold is bad about pressing keys when putting the phone in or removing
    07-06-10 10:21 PM
    How can you start a thread with "embarrassing situation" and not tell what the situation was?!

07-06-10 10:55 PM
    How can you start a thread with "embarrassing situation" and not tell what the situation was?!

not even "start" the thread... just having that on any thread at any point is need for explanation
    07-06-10 11:08 PM
    This one time at band camp. Use the screen lock or a case with the magnet

07-07-10 06:14 AM
    Not using the lock function is a rookie mistake my friend. I learned that my first day with a Berry after I pocket dialed 3 or 4 people. Nothing resulting in an embarrassing situation though.

07-07-10 07:38 AM
    My mind is wandering to the worst case scenario LOL

There's no secret behind phone lock, it's a feature that is built into the phone. Go to:

Options...Security Options...Encryption (enable it). I'm pretty sure that's how you do it, it's been awhile for me. It'll make you set up a password/code. You can always read the manual too.

If you hold the A button down it'll lock the phone. I have mine saved to a shortcut button on the left side. You can change it as well if you prefer so that frees up your A button for Speed dial. You just have to get into the habit of locking the phone all the time. I do it so that if it gets stolen, no one can get into it and I do it because I don't want it getting bumped in my purse and dialing.
    07-07-10 09:11 AM
    Ok buddy. Pony up with the juicy story or I'm going to write it for you.

07-07-10 09:15 AM

There's no secret behind phone lock, it's a feature that is built into the phone. Go to:

Options...Security Options...Encryption (enable it). I'm pretty sure that's how you do it, it's been awhile for me. It'll make you set up a password/code. You can always read the manual too.
    Um......... what?
    07-07-10 09:15 AM
    So what happened to the op? He wander off? I know he's letting the suspense build.
    07-07-10 09:18 AM

If you hold the A button down it'll lock the phone. I have mine saved to a shortcut button on the left side. You can change it as well if you prefer so that frees up your A button for Speed dial. You just have to get into the habit of locking the phone all the time. I do it so that if it gets stolen, no one can get into it and I do it because I don't want it getting bumped in my purse and dialing.
    Isn't the phone lock the little button on the top left side of the device?
    07-07-10 09:19 AM
    So what happened to the op? He wander off? I know he's letting the suspense build.
    Well if he wanders we can all just brainstorm embarrasing situations that he may have been in and share LMAO I have one already in mind
    07-07-10 09:19 AM
    Yeah, and also not sure if the 9700 is different, but you cannot change the A key to anything else but lock...
    07-07-10 09:21 AM
    That will lock it but it won't password protect it. I have explained how to lock it and password protect it all at the same time. Oh and the A button trick will only lock it, it won't password protect it
    07-07-10 09:21 AM
    I checked my phone and it won't let me change the A either, it did on the curve but apparently not on the bold.
    07-07-10 09:24 AM
    Well if he wanders we can all just brainstorm embarrasing situations that he may have been in and share LMAO I have one already in mind
    Perhaps the "Embarassing Situation" has become more than just an embarassment!!!

Maybe he's currently recovering from the "Frying pan to the head" treatment.
    07-07-10 09:25 AM
    That will lock it but it won't password protect it. I have explained how to lock it and password protect it all at the same time. Oh and the A button trick will only lock it, it won't password protect it
    Options > Password then
    07-07-10 09:25 AM
    Tapping the K button will put it in PASSWORD lock if you have a password set.
    07-07-10 09:26 AM
    Ok yeah options then password........ LOL sorry peoples, I had said it's been awhile LOL
    07-07-10 09:26 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD