so i picked up a used bold last night. i came home and updated the OS to .266 and restored all my information from a previous back up. all of my email accounted are synced with the phone but i am getting facebook updates for the previous owner in the messages folder. i had downloaded the fb app for bb, installed it and logged in with my info for it.

any idea why this is going on and anyone have any tips on how i can stop this from happening?

thanks!!
    07-16-09 11:39 PM
    Is it related to your pin (facebook I mean. sorry, I don't use it. surprising, I know! Don't twitter either! Or myspace! Okay anyway...)

If it's related to your pin, you have to get the previous owner to call the carrier and have them release the pin (make it useable for you)
    07-17-09 12:44 AM
    not too sure if its related to the pin, im thinking it might be.

im still getting emails for the former owner in the 'messages' folder. when i try to go to the email set up, it asks for a bb username and password.

you think that if i wipe the device and install everything fresh that i should be able to sync everything with my account?
    07-18-09 04:09 AM
    Hello, I had this problem, too.

Here are the steps you need to take:

1) Open the SETTINGS folder in your main menu (not Options)
    2) Choose Email Setup

Now the web browser will load.

3) Click LOGIN and Enter your BIS username/password
    4) You'll be asked if you want to reassign the device to your account.
    5) Sorted! Your Bold will now stop picking up the previous owner's facebook/emails and you can enter your own email details.

This process will not work if you try to do it via HTTP (on a computer). You need to do it through your device.

Hope this works for you,
    kirbz

i never set up a BIS username/password before with my bb's. i usually just set up my gmail and hotmail account with my phones and it has never asked for me to set up username/password.

should i go and try to set a username/password on my curve and then try it with the bold?
    07-18-09 04:44 AM
    ok. right on. ill give it a try.

thanks!
    07-18-09 05:21 AM
    ok. i tried setting up the BIS username/password on my curve and then tried it on my bold but it didnt go thru.

should i try a device wipe next or is there something else that i can try?
    07-20-09 11:40 PM
    i had the SAME problem and it was really really really easy, just call your service provider and tell them you wanna change the E-mail associated with the device and tell them why, they will walk you through what you need to do in a matter of minutes, you'll be all good, it's just that simple.

PS. i have sprint, not sure about you
    07-21-09 05:24 AM
    you would've had to have BIS set up for your curve in order to have the emails working. login to your BIS account and change device on your account to your new pin.
    07-21-09 05:44 AM
    where do you go to login to BIS, thru the phone or PC, sorry for such a noob question, i just got the phone off a coworker and meeting with her later to get the pin released.
    07-23-09 11:04 AM
    computer

assuming you are going to use att:
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    07-23-09 11:37 AM
    yea i am on att, but this is my first blackberry i have no username/pw for BIS so i dont know what direction to take. have her release it, then make a username/pw. or make one then have her release pin and imei
    07-23-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD