My email's use to come into my phone right away when it got into my regular email (yahoo mail, hotmail, aol mail, etc.), but for about the past 2 weeks it comes into my phone 10-15 minutes after i receive it into my regular email.... Is anyone else experiencing these problems?
    02-10-10 01:02 PM
    My BB has done this since day one. When I had my iPhone I would actually get emails on that a few minutes before my desktop would update. Now, with BB, I usually get them on my desktop 10 minutes before the phone. I've resent the service books several times. BIS is a bunch of BS.
    02-10-10 01:21 PM
    My BB has done this since day one. When I had my iPhone I would actually get emails on that a few minutes before my desktop would update. Now, with BB, I usually get them on my desktop 10 minutes before the phone. I've resent the service books several times. BIS is a bunch of BS.
    wow, i had this 9700 since day 1 it came out for at&t it was always fast with receiving the emails.. then idk but about 2 weeks ago i started to see delays on it... right now i just deleted the email options and email boxes i setup on my phone and i re-did them and i hope it comes in fast like it did for me again, i have never had this problem with any blackberry i have ever had.
    02-10-10 01:30 PM
    I've only had my blackberry for almost 3 weeks now and I get my email within seconds of it being sent, and always before my desktop.

Very impressive.

Paleface

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 03:00 PM
    whats the secret pale face? i neeeed to knowwww nowwwww (arnold schwartzenager voice)
    02-10-10 03:51 PM
    It all depends on your email set-up

If you use POP then your email will take upto 15 minutes to arrive.

If you use IMAP that supports IMAP IDLE then your email will be near instant.

That's it in short and simple terms
    02-10-10 04:29 PM
    same problem... i thought it was because of my switch from my Bold 9000 to the 9700 last week. It was all sync'd over. Did deleting and redoing it help at all?
    02-11-10 12:48 AM
    Noticed the same problems in the last few days with POP accounts
    02-11-10 07:43 AM
    While RIM is not perfect there is no better anywhere.

At times RIM may not be as fast but 99% of the time my emails are within seconds.

No one can equal this!
    02-11-10 01:39 PM
    same problem... i thought it was because of my switch from my Bold 9000 to the 9700 last week. It was all sync'd over. Did deleting and redoing it help at all?
    well i have 3 emails set up from Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL
    the Yahoo one arrives in an instant
    the Hotmail one takes about 10-15 minutes to arrive
    and the AOL one well idk but today i signed up for something at around 7am and it went to my regular desktop email at 7am and i just got the email for it on my 970 abut 10 minutes ago

i redid everything and everything is still the same as it was before i redid it

this is weird because all of them use to arrive in an instant like nothing
    02-11-10 02:26 PM
    It all depends on your email set-up

If you use POP then your email will take upto 15 minutes to arrive.

If you use IMAP that supports IMAP IDLE then your email will be near instant.

That's it in short and simple terms
    Thanks i changed it right now
    i hope that works
    02-11-10 02:32 PM
    On BIS there is a 10 - 15 minute delay unfortunatly. For example if you use a gmail mail account it comes in almost immediatly, its because gmail is capable of pusing your email to your blackberry. Some service providers such as AOL do not have push capabilities, therefore your blackberry with try and pull your email every 10 - 15 minutes from those service providers.

When I first got a Blackberry the company that i work for had not upgraded to BES and we were all using BIS. (Our email service was through a local company where we work). While on BIS we all expereienced a 10 - 15 minute delay, which can be super annoying when your trying to complete something quickly. But as soon as we switched to BES our email became instant.
    02-11-10 02:44 PM
    While on BIS we all expereienced a 10 - 15 minute delay, which can be super annoying when your trying to complete something quickly. But as soon as we switched to BES our email became instant.
    Another advantage of BES as well as the full reconciliation

well i have 3 emails set up from Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL
    the Yahoo one arrives in an instant
    the Hotmail one takes about 10-15 minutes to arrive
    and the AOL one well idk but today i signed up for something at around 7am and it went to my regular desktop email at 7am and i just got the email for it on my 970 abut 10 minutes ago

i redid everything and everything is still the same as it was before i redid it

this is weird because all of them use to arrive in an instant like nothing
    The hotmail one is pretty easy to rectify.

Log into your carrier's BIS site, edit your hotmail email account and change the protocal and once you've changed it over you should have near instant email.
    02-12-10 08:08 AM
    Can someone explain why a few years ago my AOL mail took the usual 1-15 minutes to arrive and yet today it is almost instant. Sometimes my AOL mail will arrive on my Blackberry before it hits my desktop!

Something changed
    02-12-10 01:10 PM

Log into your carrier's BIS site, edit your hotmail email account and change the protocal and once you've changed it over you should have near instant email.
    yea i did that yesterday and the emails started coming in an instant again. i learned something lol
    02-12-10 01:25 PM

Mark, what about my situation.
    I've been trying to get back Instant e-mail on my blackberry for 6 months now, and it hasn't happened. I don't care if it never happens, I just want to know what the F*** the problem is! This is frustrating.
    I have changed the protocol, I have deleted-set up my e-mail many times, but nothing seems to fix it.
    I have a hotmail account, configured to Outlook (with Outlook Connector), and to my Blackberry. My phone provider is O2. My phone is Blackberry Bold 9000. Sometime around October SOMETHING happened. My e-mails stopped being instant e-mails. I used to get my hotmail e-mails much quicker than my Gmail e-mails. Now my hotmail e-mails have the 10 to 15 minute delay.
    Please let me know what to do, or what to read so that I can get to the end of this!!
    I need to know if this is a technical issue, or a phone provider issue, because my phone contract is coming to an end, and I am going to get a new Bold. Now should I stay loyal to O2, or switch to Vodafone?
    02-16-10 08:51 PM
    Mark, what about my situation.
    I've been trying to get back Instant e-mail on my blackberry for 6 months now, and it hasn't happened. I don't care if it never happens, I just want to know what the F*** the problem is! This is frustrating.
    I have changed the protocol, I have deleted-set up my e-mail many times, but nothing seems to fix it.
    I have a hotmail account, configured to Outlook (with Outlook Connector), and to my Blackberry. My phone provider is O2. My phone is Blackberry Bold 9000. Sometime around October SOMETHING happened. My e-mails stopped being instant e-mails. I used to get my hotmail e-mails much quicker than my Gmail e-mails. Now my hotmail e-mails have the 10 to 15 minute delay.
    Please let me know what to do, or what to read so that I can get to the end of this!!
    I need to know if this is a technical issue, or a phone provider issue, because my phone contract is coming to an end, and I am going to get a new Bold. Now should I stay loyal to O2, or switch to Vodafone?
    The changing of protacol has worked for everyone I know I've recommended it to but I've found this thread for you which hopefully will help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fina...answer-361096/
    02-20-10 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD