Got the 9000 on friday, however going through email setup I am not getting any joy I only have the option to setup an enterprise server address!

I goto 3uk.blackberry. com BlackBerry Internet Service[/url] and try to register myself with BIS that way and it says registered to another carrier, followed the host routing table twice in past 48 hours and still no joy!

So i still cannot setup an email address please help, I don't want BES so am baffled as to why that is the only option if I choose no I dont have the setting its just moves me onto wi-fi setup

Hope someone can help
    05-05-09 01:21 PM
    Got the 9000 on friday, however going through email setup I am not getting any joy I only have the option to setup an enterprise server address!

I goto 3uk.blackberry. com BlackBerry Internet Service[/url] and try to register myself with BIS that way and it says registered to another carrier, followed the host routing table twice in past 48 hours and still no joy!

So i still cannot setup an email address please help, I don't want BES so am baffled as to why that is the only option if I choose no I dont have the setting its just moves me onto wi-fi setup

Hope someone can help
    Hi, where did you get the 9000 from? from a carrier, or from the internet?

If you got if from a carrier, call them to ensure you have the right BB plan. If you got it from the internet it sounds like the previous owner has not de-registered the Bold from their account. Contact them and ask them to do so.
    05-05-09 01:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply I got it from a carrier, as an ugrade! Its the very first Blackberry they have carried
    05-05-09 01:28 PM
    You will get the BIS option on the device ONLY after getting a BB data plan and creating a BIS account with your carrier.

Normally you get that error message, when you buy a second-hand bold, which was originally registered with another carrier... But if got it brand new from 3, then ask the customer service to remove BIS from your account and add it back again... Might help solve the issue ...

Congrats on your bold and Welcome to CB!
    05-05-09 01:30 PM
    Try:

Options
    Advanced Options
    Host Routing Table
    Menu
    Register Now

Wait a second or two and then click on the E-mail Settings icon. See if it shows up now. If not, call your carrier and have them check your data plan as mentioned above.
    05-05-09 01:31 PM
    OP, does your 3G logo have the small Blacckberry symbol next to it?
    05-05-09 01:44 PM
    First post.

Had this same problem. Only saw Enterprise upon trying to set up email. I went to Saturn (berlin) and they said: "Blackberry only has Enterprise now. You can't do it any other way." I was pissed. I was certain they were wrong and there was a way to use the Bold without Enterprise. I was correct.

Went home and called my phone carrier (Debitel) and it turns out they had not logged the request to do the add-on Blackberry Service on my contract (a T-mobile add-on). When they did that, it took 24 hours, then as prescribed went to Options>Advanced O>Host Routing Table sent a request and voila. Everything turned on.

While on the line w/ my phone provider, they gave me the url for signing up the Bberry, giving IMEI and PIN. Did that, and got everything working. I never DID have to go thru the email set up on the Bberry itself.
    07-12-09 09:24 AM
    I had the same issue when I got my Bold from an AT&T store a few days ago. The only email setup option was for BES. The host routing table was blank. I called 611 and spoke with CS and it turned out the rep at the store never added the data plan by mistake. So the CS rep did it over the phone, told me to remove my battery and sim card for 30 seconds and power up the phone again. She said that should do the trick, but if not to go to the att website and set up my account to activate my email accounts.

It ended working within a few minutes. I checked and the option for BIS was there and I set myself up within a couple of minutes.
    07-12-09 12:55 PM
    there are 3 reasons you can get this error
    1. you don't have the blackberry service on your account
    2. you dont have the sim card in the blackberry
    3. you are provisioned for bes and not bis

when you enter the pin on the service providers website it checks that you are registered with blackberry bis service by your provider, if you are not you will get an error

some blackberry handsets are set up for bes service by default you can change this by calling your service provider and having them change the service you are provisioned for with blackberry.
    07-12-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD