Hi guys,

I just switched from the iphone 3g a couple of days ago to the blackberry bold. So far I like everything about it, but I have encountered a problem.

I have 2 email addresses that I use, and have entered them both into the BIS. Whereas on my iphone 3g I could set them both up as IMAP addresses, the BIS forces me to use POP3 for one of them. I know the server also has IMAP capabilities as I used it on my iphone, but can't seem to get BIS to see it as IMAP.

I've tried the option in BIS of saying I will provide the details, but still can't get around to it, am I doing something wrong here??

Thanks
    12-17-08 11:27 PM
    nobody knows what to do here?
    12-18-08 03:41 PM
    As far as I know the BB push email is very similar to POP and I dont believe you can setup IMAP. What you delete from the device is seperate from actually deleting it from the server.
    12-18-08 03:51 PM
    When you delete on your BB it asks if you want to delete from the server AND the handheld or just from the handheld. I'd rather have this option than having emails accidentally deleted off the server. That's just me though =)
    12-18-08 04:44 PM
    jhoyt,

I know I can set up IMAP though because my other email address on my BB is set up as IMAP automatically. BIS detected IMAP and set it up as IMAP, but I can't figure out how to get it to detect my other address as IMAP.

This is frustrating because it was simple to do on my iphone, and i thought BB was supposed to be even better with email capabilities.
    12-18-08 06:28 PM
    I cant believe nobody else has had this problem...? Do you guys not use IMAP?
    12-19-08 02:58 PM
    You might want to PM one of masters lurking around on this site. Those guys are incredible they may just not have seen your post. Good luck to you.
    12-19-08 08:56 PM
    Are you trying to set the IMAP from your webmail account?? First off, which email address are you talking about? (Hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc) with Hotmail, you have to buy their Windows Live Plus garbage to even get POP.

With Gmail, IMAP is an option that is physically IN your email options (but you have to access them from a computer). Also, when you delete messages, it asks you Delete From: Mailbox & Handheld - Mailbox - Cancel. Use the first one. Once I did that, it defaults to that option.

Hope that helps. I saw Jayden around here somewhere so he might have some better answers for you....
    12-19-08 09:01 PM
    Its not a webmail account like hotmail or gmail or yahoo, its the mail server that provides my websites domain name, ie [email protected].

IMAP was so easy to set up on the iphone why is this such a PITA on the blackberry. someone please help me!
    12-20-08 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD