Hi All

I have my gmail account added into the bb 9780. I receive mails fine, i can reply to them alright.

However when I delete, it is not moving out of the inbox. I had a curve prior to my bold 9780, on which it was just fine, i could delete is on the handheld and the mailbox (very convinient).

Every time a mail is received, and I pull the phone out of its pocket, the message opens up, then when I escape back to the home screen, the alert icon is still on, i will have to open the message again and then the icon will disappear.

Are there any soft key configs that can be made, to change the song without having to go into the media player?

Not sure how to get around this.Any help on the above 3 issues will be appreciated.
    06-30-11 09:59 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Hi All

I have my gmail account added into the bb 9780. I receive mails fine, i can reply to them alright.

However when I delete, it is not moving out of the inbox. I had a curve prior to my bold 9780, on which it was just fine, i could delete is on the handheld and the mailbox (very convinient).

Every time a mail is received, and I pull the phone out of its pocket, the message opens up, then when I escape back to the home screen, the alert icon is still on, i will have to open the message again and then the icon will disappear.

For issues 1 & 2, Messages > Options. You can set up most of what you mentioned here in there. For the notification icon, consider upgrading your OS (specially if you're on a .2xx or .3xx OS release).

Are there any soft key configs that can be made, to change the song without having to go into the media player?

There is a profiles icon both on the Applications Menu (All) and the home screen. Just click it, scroll down to "Change sounds and alerts" > Sounds for the selected profile > Messages - Notifications and change sound for said email account. Menu > Save your way to the home screen.

Not sure how to get around this.Any help on the above 3 issues will be appreciated.
    dunfoss likes this.
    06-30-11 10:05 PM
    Thanks diegonei, and I guess i figured out the solution for deleting the mail. its the other 2 now..will keep diggin!!!

Cheers
    06-30-11 11:19 PM
    oops...sorry dint notice the replies...will try it out.

regarding the soft keys..what i meant was...when am listening to music and the phone is my bag ...is there a way I can press a button and go to the previous/next track, for ex: the curve 8520 used to have dedicated media keys..sorry if my question wasnt clear.
    06-30-11 11:31 PM
    A long press on the side Volume Up/Down buttons will skip to the Next/Previous track

Also if you haven't found it already, pressing the Mute key on the top right of the phone will Pause/Play your media.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 07-01-11 at 01:46 AM.
    07-01-11 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD