Hi there I'm having some trouble with my new 9780.

First I cant for some reason get into the email settings nothing happens when clicked on)

Also the same problem getting into the email accounts settings, click on it and nothing happens.

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Mark
    05-01-11 04:55 PM
    Are you with T-Mobile by chance, and do you actually have a BlackBerry data plan?
    05-01-11 04:57 PM
    No I'm with Vodafone and yes I have Blackberry data plan, I've set my emails up on the vodafone site so I am receiving them I just cant seem to access these 2 functions.......
    05-01-11 05:01 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? That should sort it
    05-01-11 05:08 PM
    Yeah been trying it for 2 days now regularly pulling battery but no change.
    05-01-11 05:14 PM
    reregister the host routing table, then try again.
    05-01-11 07:08 PM
    I tried several times but still no change, the issue has no answer aghhhh......
    05-02-11 04:32 PM
    Arrgghhh;; I have the exacy same problem on a Bold 9780!

My BES e-mail is activated and working properly, Internet is working, BBM is working...The services are all up and running. But I cannot access the e-mail accounts menu (tried both ways to access it). For some strange reason when I can enter the menu (mostly when not being connected to the BB desktop software, I can only access Enterprise Account, but when I press Internet E-mail Accounts nothing happes (small clock opens for 0,5 second in my screen).

battery pulls, quick pulls, and reinstallation of multiple OS 6 versions do not do the trick (tried the 950 and 1879 bundle). On my previous BB 9700 (OS 5), everything worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 05:32 AM
    I keep getting a message saying I need a data plan in order to use my e-mail, I just got a data plan so I have no clue why it's not working!
    05-08-11 07:35 PM
    Hi - I have exactly the same issue. I successfully created email for my main SMTP accounts, then got notification of a new Update for the setup app. The download/update seemed to fail - seem to remember seeing an error about it.

Since then, the new email setup icon doesn't do anything when clicked. I also tried pulling battery, reregistering etc.

Maybe the next update will fix this (we can only hope!)

Cheers
    05-09-11 10:29 AM
    I keep getting a message saying I need a data plan in order to use my e-mail, I just got a data plan so I have no clue why it's not working!
    But do you have a Balckberry Data Plan, BIS?

A regular data plan will not get you Blackberry mail.
    05-09-11 01:28 PM
    Hi,

I am having very similar problems. I have my Blackberry through work and have my corp email working fine. I have also set up two personal emails and they are both working ok as well. The problem lies when i try to add another personal email. I go to:

Setup/email accounts/internet mail account.......but i keep on getting "Your device had a problem connecting to the the server"

Now obviously it has worked in the past because i have setup two accounts already and my emails are coming in fine.

Any thoughts?

Graham

Bold 9780
    v6.0.0.359, Platform 6.5.0.93
    T-Mobile UK
    05-11-11 05:40 AM
    Are you with T-Mobile by chance, and do you actually have a BlackBerry data plan?
    Just FYI... This is a known issue between RIM andd TMO in the states of OR & WA. Devices are unable to connect to the BIS server thru e-mail setup. However, the BIS account can be accessed thru TMO's website via a pc. Once e-mail is set up in the BIS account, e-mail can be sent/received on the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 10:24 AM
    My service provider didn't tell me that the changes in my plan wouldn't take effect until my next billing cycle.
    05-11-11 01:11 PM
    On BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 6 only:

* Download and install a new BlackBerry Internet Service Email Accounts/Set-up Application by navigating to the following URL using the web browser on the BlackBerry device: http://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/

Note: <brand> corresponds to the carrier BIS brand name. The BlackBerry smartphone user may need to contact their mobile carrier technical support to obtain the value to substitute for <brand> in the URL as it is different for each carrier.

the procedure is on , KB26055-Unable to access Email Setup Application after cancelling the auto-update process

ONLY make sure the URL from your BB broswer is typed exactly as :
    http://<brand>.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/

with E and C being incaps lock

i tried on my carrier etisalat in uae and it worked perfectly well

i type on my BB broswer

http://etisalat.blackberry.com/rest/EmailClient/
    07-23-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD