So my carrier upgraded to 3G (GTA.net, one of two 3G providers on Guam now) and I turned on 3G support today and while I got full bars and the 3G with logo... I couldn't pass data over the connection. So I go to the store with an advert in hand that says upgrade your 2G sim to a 3G sim for free. Cool.

They swapped my sim, same problem, but now my email won't work anymore and the setup menu doesn't show my email accounts. I still have the icon and my mail up to today, but nothing since is being pushed to my bold. When I go to email setup, the only option there is BES activation. I think maybe they gave me a 2G business sim? Or am I missing something?

Another weirdity I get, but maybe un-related... Is that my BB browser works over 2G (EDGE), but when I set the phone to 3G it says "this program requires a WiFi connection to work". ???
    08-17-09 07:50 AM
    Try re-sending the service books. Or re-add the e-mail accounts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:49 AM
    Ya, wouldn't let me re-add the accounts. Said BES email addresses only, and I'm not with a business nor do I have a BES server.

Turns out they didn't properly activate the service on my new sim card on the telco side. I went in today and they fixed it. A reset later and all was well.
    08-18-09 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD