I am pushing five emails to my Bold. One of them keeps telling me I need to update the password. So I go into the email manager account, either on the device or on a computer, and update the password. I don't change it, just repeat it in the proper space. I log out and in the next five or ten minutes lots of email flows from that account to the device. Minutes, or at most an hour or so later, I get the message back ... action required:update password. This goes on all the time now.
    I have checked back through the set up procedures and the settings but I can't find anything wrong. I can't tell if its a device problem, or a RIM problem.
    The other four emails seem to work just fine, and messenger functions well too.

Can anyone offer a suggestion for dealing with this disturbance?
    Thanks ...
    04-30-09 07:57 PM
    I see this when we have an Exchange Server outage (still use BIS to pull it via OWA). As far as I can tell, it's a connection/communication issue. The "change password" message appears to be some generic warning message that really doesn't pertain to the issue at hand.
    04-30-09 08:33 PM
    If you're checking an Exchange account via BIS OWA and your account's password is within a 14 day expiration period, you'll get these symptoms. It's a bug in BIS. If you change/update the OWA account's password, the issue will go away. Untll the next password cycle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 09:02 PM
    I would log on to your web setup from a computer, then delete the goofy account, log out, then log back in and set up the account again, and then have the service books sent to your phone.
    04-30-09 09:06 PM
    I just found out I'm enjoying this blessing too. It is from my exchange account. This happens every time our server goes offline. Maybe when BIS tries to pull the email, and the server is offline, it thinks the password is bad?

I just will have to wait until the server comes back up, then I will recreate my account.
    04-30-09 09:36 PM
    I tend to get similar behavior after a firmware update.
    I drop my account from the BES box plus remove stats... wait five mins and add myself back then re-activate and it tends to be fine after that.
    04-30-09 09:43 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I am just getting back to this so will try your suggestions. It is a bit frustrating but nice to know it isn't just me ...
    05-01-09 12:20 AM
    Well, labphoto hit it spot on. I don't know how you guys figure this stuff out but I am grateful for this forum, and your willingness to hang out and share.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond, especially to labphoto who helped me stop an annoying resonse.
    05-08-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD