I am opening up attachments/photos (jpeg files) on yahoo mail and I get this message. This only happens on my BB bold, the Curve and Pearl had no problem. Im not sure what this message means. Any advice?

Thank you

Courtney
    12-28-08 05:35 PM
    You could try resending your service books.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/serv...ks-how-115031/
    12-28-08 05:40 PM

BlackBerry Internet Service
    12-28-08 06:11 PM
    I resent it, got a conformation email, but am
    still getting an error message!
    12-28-08 09:57 PM
    Courtneyclv had originally written:
    I am opening up attachments/photos (jpeg files) on yahoo mail and I get this message. This only happens on my BB bold, the Curve and Pearl had no problem. Im not sure what this message means. Any advice?

A couple of you made helpful suggestions.

I tried both resending the service books, then also tried to follow the suggestion of registering the books on my Bold 9000 (.266).

I still have the same problem.

When I get to the end of most e-mails, the sentences is not finished. You can tell there is more to the message.
    Also, there is a blue OS statement at the bottom of the page:
    ----------------More available: 7274 butes------------------

I select the Menu button and then choose More to try and finish the message. That's when I get the same message:

"More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found.
    OK"

By the way, I already did a Battery Pull physically, after receiving the new Service Books.

I thought this error message was normal, and have ignored it for some time. Then I thought, maybe I could ask for help from others with the same equipment? What would be your next recommendation?

txs
    06-26-09 01:53 PM
    I have seen this before but only on older messages, say more than a few days old.

I think (untechnically speaking) that the attachments or long emails are temporarily stored on BB/BIS servers somewhere and not sent to your device. When you get an email and read it, and decide to download attachments or get the rest of a long email, you can. However, if a week later you decide to do the same thing with the same emails, you find you can't. I'd guess that they are now gone.

To expand a bit on that, all emails are sent to your device, except emails that are long and have attachments (unless you have filters set for that). Emails with attachments or are long are only "partly" sent to your device. The rest of it is temporarily stored. After a few days, you lose the ability to get the rest of the email/attachment.

Does this scenario fit?
    06-26-09 02:06 PM
    Hi. Thanks for your interests.

This is happening on current messages, even some that I received via BIS today.

I thought it odd that the individual message shows that there is more information and identifies it in the blue color. But you cannot select the link and when you select More from the Menu, you get the error message.

PS These are not exceptionally long e-mails. I have received other e-mails that are longer but do not show the "More available: xxx bytes" message at the bottom.

Thanks for asking. Maybe someone else could help.
    06-26-09 02:14 PM
    If you go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications, is "BlackBerry Attachment Service" listed?
    06-26-09 02:58 PM
    Yes sir. It is listed properly, as you have directed where to look.

txs
    06-26-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD