Everytime I send an e-mail from my hotmail account on my blackberry the name listed as the sender, or from, is "myemailexample@hotmail.com" and not my name. Whenever I send e-mail from this account on my computer, it will show my name. For the other 2 e-mail accounts on my phone (gmail, and my university) I'm able to edit the name and they work fine. Advice? Thanks.
    01-26-11 02:03 PM
    You should be able to change this in your email settings. Go into "settings", then into "email account settings". Select your hotmail account and choose "edit". From there you should be able to edit your sender name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 07:04 PM
    For my other 2 accounts I have that option. However with the hotmail account I don't
    01-26-11 07:06 PM
    I have been wondering about this myself. Seems like hotmail is treated differently for the BlackBerry Email Setup program.
    01-26-11 07:23 PM
    This is probably a feature RIM missed out on. Maybe using a signature instead?

01-27-11 04:20 AM
    Interestingly, of all my email accounts, hotmail is the only one pushed through POP3
    protocol. Other ones are pushed through IMAP. I wonder if this is makes a diffrence.

01-27-11 11:01 AM
    Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem
    08-21-11 02:36 PM
    Did anyone ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem
    Not sure when or how but some where along the line this issue sorted itself out. I'm not even using a 9700 anymore but I'm pretty sure this was fixed well before I got my Torch. Maybe go into the email settings on your phone and see if there is an update for the e-mail protocol?
    08-21-11 02:41 PM
    At this point, I believe it is the limitation of using "classic" POP3 protocol for BIS push email.
    08-21-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD