so someone posted earlier about a Bold for sale on ebay, well i been watching it I ask the guy for the ESN and if he had the receipt. My friend in the states wants a Bold so my husband said it would be a great gift for her 21 b-day next week so i jumped to watch the item. anyway, what would you do? the seller emailed me back and said he would give me the PIN and he didn't have a receipt. It's already at 910.00 so I dont want to buy something that is not gonna be able to activate. Can i go to Rogers and get one as well? because it will be locked! thanks
    08-22-08 02:04 AM
    Telus is not GSM.... you can't get one from Rogers. You'd need to get something from Bell or another CMAD or whatever it's called network.

**EDIT**

Oh I just clued in that you're not buying it for yourself... lol What network is your friend on?
    08-22-08 02:11 AM
    I understand that, as I stated it isn't for me it's for my friend who lives in the states for her 21st b-day if it doesnt go wayyyy high. But I was asking if i could get it for her to send to her from Rogers as well if so that would be cheaper! Thanks for looking out though!
    08-22-08 02:15 AM
    You could get it for her from Rogers... if she's on a GSM network. Is she? The US has non GSM too... haha
    08-22-08 02:20 AM
    really? lol!! gosh thanks for the info. I thought that since she had At&T it would work, no need in wasting my time!! thanks for the info, i appreciate it alot!
    08-22-08 02:30 AM
    AT&T is gsm =) I think it's Verizon that's c..whatever it's called lol.
    08-22-08 02:54 AM
    CDMA. to the OP, you COULD get one from rogers at a retail no contract price and its a helluva lot cheaper than the $910 on ebay right now and more legit. Just have it unlocked via a third party.

HOWEVER! I've heard that RIM blocking is ANY Bold's pins thats being activated on ATT's network in the US since its not out as of yet. So there's a good chance that even if you have a working Bold, the pin will be blocked which means you can only use the phone and sms part. No email, no internet and no BB pin. Just a warning.
    08-22-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD