I guess that's a matter of opinion, especially since +is not on a normal keypad.
    It is not an opinion but a fact that + is a standard key since they early days of mobile telephony.
    And, a + is on every keypad that I have ever seen in the last 20 years. And I saw a lot.
    bimmerdriver likes this.
    07-21-12 09:08 AM
    It is not an opinion but a fact that + is a standard key since they early days of mobile telephony.
    And, a + is on every keypad that I have ever seen in the last 20 years. And I saw a lot.
    Hi,

It seems very obvious that this feature is very important to you. My apologies for overlooking it as this is not often use in North America or the countries I have traveled to and lived in the past. I will look into this but at this time there is no '+' symbol available, I will speak with some of my european friends who should be able to provide me some more insight into this issue.

Thanks once again for bringing it up.
    07-21-12 10:49 AM
    This app is perfect for MY needs. I guess if I dial foreign countries I will just use the original keypad.....simple solution to a non complicated problem. Keeping this app as simple as possible is important to ME........SIMPLICITY is UNDERRATED

Edit; Important numbers are programmed anyway
    Yes, this is all the more reason why + exists. If you program an international number to work from USA, it won't work from Europe. I enter all of my numbers with + so I can dial them from anywhere, whether I'm home or travelling in North America or elsewhere.
    07-21-12 10:51 AM
    I just installed the application and I have some comments / questions.

Why have send and end buttons when they are immediately below? Seems like a waste of space.

Similarly, why have a delete button when there is a delete button on the phone?

There is a white bar at the top with an X. What is it for? If the X is supposed to be a way to close the app, it doesn't work. Why have it when you can use the escape button?

How do you get the 0 / + button to generate a +?

The 1 button has the voicemail symbol, but it doesn't seem to work for calling voicemail.

I agree with others that there should be visual and/or audible feedback and that this app should be built-in.
    From that point of view you don't need the app at all.
    Why have a + ? You just enter 00.
    This app was made to not have to hold the alt key to get numbers not to replace the keyboard on your Blackberry.
    The X is to fully delete the entry, not to exit the app.
    On the audio, I think this would make the app "heavier" and might slow down the device a bit. But if he would add this I doubt this would make the app better, in regard to what the app is ment to do I mean.
    07-21-12 11:16 AM
    Yes, this is all the more reason why + exists. If you program an international number to work from USA, it won't work from Europe. I enter all of my numbers with + so I can dial them from anywhere, whether I'm home or travelling in North America or elsewhere.
    I also have all my numbers stored with a + infront of it, even numbers from my home country. If you, for any reason, need to dial a new number just dial 00 instead of + I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.
    If you have a number stored, you don't call it via this app. You start typing the name you want to call from your start screen seeing your Blackberry will give you the option to dial a strange combo of numbers an letters or the name it finds in your contact.
    07-21-12 11:19 AM
    Calm down, you're right and I stand corrected, I guess in my 40+ years I have overlooked the + sign on the keypad because I never use it for making calls. If it's that serious just use the normal routine (original keypad dialing) or program the numbers in the phone.
    07-21-12 11:39 AM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    The purpose of the + is to dial an international number. +1XXX5551212.
    You do not need to type in the + to dial international numbers, once you type the number in, your BlackBerry will automatically include the + (and sometimes includes the +1 as well if necessary)
    "You do not need to type in the + to dial international numbers, once you type the number in, your BlackBerry will automatically include the + (and sometimes includes the +1 as well if necessary)"

THis is not true. It is a standard since GSM times, that a leading + will get translated into the respective leading numbers that need to be dialled in each country individually before an international prefix. So for example in country A, you will have to dial 01149 for Germany, and in country B this will be 0049. When using "+", this gets translated to the correct prefix by the network.
    I just sent the same request for support but got no answer yet: how to dial a + with this app? Without that option, it will be of no use for me, as I have to dial foreign country codes each day.
    So why not dial 00 since this is the same as +
    07-21-12 11:39 AM
    I have realized over the years, that some apps are not needed for the way I use my phone. I guess I just choose to move on instead of complain
    07-21-12 11:49 AM
    You obviously don't travel much. The point is that the prefixes for long distance and international long distance are not the same in every country. If you use + country code, it works everywhere, local, domestic and international.
    07-21-12 12:53 PM
    You don't dial 00 everywhere because the international long distance prefix isn't the same everywhere. Same for the long distance prefix. The point of the + is so you don't have to know what the long distance or international long distance prefixes are. You dial the full number with + and it just works.
    Last edited by bimmerdriver; 07-21-12 at 01:00 PM.
    07-21-12 12:55 PM
    I have realized over the years, that some apps are not needed for the way I use my phone. I guess I just choose to move on instead of complain
    Okay, I guess your opinion counts, but different opinions don't. I purchased the software so I'm entitled to give my feedback. The reason I and others are commenting on this is because the app has a + on the 0 key. If the app doesn't properly support +, why put it there in the first place. (Same for the voicemail symbol on the 1 key.)
    Last edited by bimmerdriver; 07-21-12 at 01:02 PM.
    07-21-12 12:58 PM
    No need to go overboard on this issue folks. The developer said he would look in to it. He is a CB regular and I have no doubt if he can add this functionality he will. If not trust me you WILL survive!
    Spencerdl, keyhole and ignites like this.
    07-21-12 03:09 PM
    No need to go overboard on this issue folks. The developer said he would look in to it. He is a CB regular and I have no doubt if he can add this functionality he will. If not trust me you WILL survive!
    Thanks @pkcable and guys for your suggestions. I will take them back and add them in as new features where I see fit. Feel free to drop me a line if there are any other questions or issues you see, but lets try to keep some fresh ideas =).

I have some questions that I am looking into so if you guys could help answer these that be great!

1) What should the icon change be (or do you prefer the current one right now).

2) What kind of feedback do you want when you dial? Would you like the key to glow, keys to pop out when you hit them, Dial tone, either-or, both or none (prefer silent/simple)

Thanks in advance.
    outlawglamour likes this.
    07-21-12 10:56 PM
    Thanks @pkcable and guys for your suggestions. I will take them back and add them in as new features where I see fit. Feel free to drop me a line if there are any other questions or issues you see, but lets try to keep some fresh ideas =).

I have some questions that I am looking into so if you guys could help answer these that be great!

2) What kind of feedback do you want when you dial? Would you like the key to glow, keys to pop out when you hit them, Dial tone, either-or, both or none (prefer silent/simple)

Thanks in advance.
    1) Well I have hidden the original phone icon so as not to get confused with your app

2) how about a subtle vibration sound and glow of the numbers when a person dials.

Umm is there a way you can imput a way to where the user can paste a number into the text field without having to manually type it in? Or at least add some type of pop up selection to pick our contacts.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 07-21-12 at 11:31 PM.
    ignites likes this.
    07-21-12 11:28 PM
    As I have often wrote...."Simplicity is underrated",
    1). Just change the color of the phone icon or add lines near mouthpiece
    2). A simple glow when number is pressed
    OUTSTANDING App....Thanks
    keyhole and ignites like this.
    07-23-12 04:48 PM
    Glowing keys would be cool. An audio option is nice also.

What does the 98xx keypad do when you touch the numbers?

lenn
    ignites likes this.
    07-23-12 05:42 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for purchasing the app. Let me answer a few of your questions

Umm is there a way you can imput a way to where the user can paste a number into the text field without having to manually type it in?
    Unfortunately, I dont think this feature be included. Within your BB whenever you have text that is a string of numbers (either in an email, a text message, bbm, or browser) your BlackBerry will automatically make a phone call if you press on it. So it would much easier for you to make a call through the application you are using as opposed to copying into this app.

Or at least add some type of pop up selection to pick our contacts.
    The replication of native contact features would slow down the app significantly so it will unlikely be included. If the contact is in your address book, it is probably easiest and much quicker to pull up that contact and make a call via the universal search feature anyways .

Hope this helps.

Regards
    07-23-12 08:09 PM
    What about just the normal keytone? That'll work great for me....

R...

Thanks in advance.
    07-23-12 09:24 PM
    Hi,

Thank you for purchasing the app. Let me answer a few of your questions

Unfortunately, I dont think this feature be included. Within your BB whenever you have text that is a string of numbers (either in an email, a text message, bbm, or browser) your BlackBerry will automatically make a phone call if you press on it. So it would much easier for you to make a call through the application you are using as opposed to copying into this app.

The replication of native contact features would slow down the app significantly so it will unlikely be included. If the contact is in your address book, it is probably easiest and much quicker to pull up that contact and make a call via the universal search feature anyways .

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Hmm, I see. Well that kind of defeats the purpose of having a touchscreen dial app, in my case that is....well can you just add vibration sound and glow for the numbers instead?
    07-23-12 10:49 PM
    Hmm, I see. Well that kind of defeats the purpose of having a touchscreen dial app, in my case that is....well can you just add vibration sound and glow for the numbers instead?
    Would you mind clarifying? I feel like I may be misunderstanding you. What would the difference be between what you are looking for and what is native to the device since it seems like the feature you want are not relevant to the dailpad functionality itself. Are you looking for the exact same dialpad as the torches (with the contacts/address books etc?)
    07-23-12 11:34 PM
    Questions about the + Sign

Hi All,

It seems like if you make a call on assumption that the + sign is already dialed (ie. dialing 15191234567 will turn out to be +15191234567). I referred to this earlier but I believe a few users said it was not working, however, my product testers did some additional testing and found that it was not the case. Could someone try and report back to me =).

Thank you.
    07-24-12 03:51 PM
    I experimented with USA phone numbers, and found that the + and +1 automatically comes up. Thanks again for a GREAT app and the support you're giving. MUCH appreciated
    07-24-12 04:02 PM
    Just bought the app this morning. I've been waiting for RIM to add a keypad feature to the 99xx since I got it last year. I guess they don't see the need. Nice that you have developed easyDial for us.

I agree that it desperately needs some kind of key feedback. Glowing numbers and an audio tone when pressing keys would be great.

Also for those of use over 40 making the numbers/letters a little bigger would be very helpful.

One more thing when I'm making a local call and easyDial has the area code why is there still an area code ( ) in the number field? So if i'm dialing a local number it appears as (234) 567 - 8. Any way to get it to look like 234-5678?

thx a keep up the great work!
    ignites likes this.
    07-24-12 07:16 PM
    One more thing when I'm making a local call and easyDial has the area code why is there still an area code ( ) in the number field? So if i'm dialing a local number it appears as (234) 567 - 8. Any way to get it to look like 234-5678?
    Hi Lenn,

Thank you for purchasing this app. I will look into this numbering issues, it is really hard for me to accommodate every cases/type of phone numbers. Since most cities now require you type in the area code that was my rational of starting with area code to keep it nice and clean. I notice some users are outside of north america and really dislike the north american style numbering as well. I will also have to take a look to see if there is a way to tell which location / type of numbers a user is likely to dial and make the display likewise, however, as you have notice, regardless of how it looks, functionally it will work .

Hope you enjoy this app.

Regards.
    07-24-12 07:46 PM
    Hi Lenn,

Thank you for purchasing this app. I will look into this numbering issues, it is really hard for me to accommodate every cases/type of phone numbers. Since most cities now require you type in the area code that was my rational of starting with area code to keep it nice and clean. I notice some users are outside of north america and really dislike the north american style numbering as well. I will also have to take a look to see if there is a way to tell which location / type of numbers a user is likely to dial and make the display likewise, however, as you have notice, regardless of how it looks, functionally it will work .

Hope you enjoy this app.

Regards.
    I wasn't aware that some cities in the U.S. require the user to enter an area code even if that phone number dialed is in the same area code as the phone's number. Strange.
    thx
    07-24-12 09:21 PM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD