I wasn't aware that some cities in the U.S. require the user to enter an area code even if that phone number dialed is in the same area code as the phone's number. Strange.
    thx
    North American Numbering Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have more than 1 area code in the city I am currently in and we have < 100,000 people in population
    07-24-12 09:59 PM
    North American Numbering Plan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have more than 1 area code in the city I am currently in and we have < 100,000 people in population
    2 area codes in my city also but and not required to enter the area code I live in on either land line or cell phone. Hope that doesn't change. Would make no sense.
    07-25-12 01:42 PM
    2 area codes in my city also but and not required to enter the area code I live in on either land line or cell phone. Hope that doesn't change. Would make no sense.
    Hi Lenn,

I will change the numbering system in my code to fit / emulate what BB does with the first 7 digits in North American numbering.

Thanks.
    07-25-12 01:50 PM
    I like the way it is with the parenthesis, as far as I know, the area code has to be put in with any number you dial in America. This was changed due to the explosion of cell phones a couple years back.
    07-25-12 02:21 PM
    Making the speed dial keys functional for voicemail and contacts would be nice

Thx
    07-25-12 03:29 PM
    Version 1.3 Ready

Hi all,

Version 1.3 has been uploaded to app world and should be pushed out shortly. Full disclosure there is no dial tones yet for this version, the rest of the features/change log can be found the app world description when it is released.

Regards.
    07-25-12 08:14 PM
    Version 1.3 Ready

Hi all,

Version 1.3 has been uploaded to app world and should be pushed out shortly. Full disclosure there is no dial tones yet for this version, the rest of the features/change log can be found the app world description when it is released.

Regards.
    Just installed version 1.3. Works great. Thx for the additions!
    lenn
    ignites likes this.
    07-26-12 02:41 PM
    due to user feed back i have already made a few changes and will be submitting to appworld shortly. Thanks for purchasing. Let me know if you have any questions. If it works out well, leave a nice 5 star review in appworld.

thanks!
    Just purchased this app and it is great! I love it and can not wait to see the new changes. Thanks!
    ignites likes this.
    07-26-12 04:33 PM
    Thanks for the quick updates. This app continues to get better and better. I like the new additions.....KOOL
    ignites likes this.
    07-26-12 04:56 PM
    @ ignites

Is it possible to keep your dialing just as the default of BlackBerry ? instead of the North American system ...

It would be a bonus - esp. to those who are outside NA

Downloading ver 1.3 now and hope you'll incorp the request in your later build ..
    07-26-12 06:04 PM
    @ ignites

Is it possible to keep your dialing just as the default of BlackBerry ? instead of the North American system ...

It would be a bonus - esp. to those who are outside NA

Downloading ver 1.3 now and hope you'll incorp the request in your later build ..
    Hi,

Since the description was NA numbering when I sold it, NA numbering will remain as it is a functionality that a large number of users enjoy. I will see if I can find a way to pick up if the phone is not from NA (or if I can find a document on numbering systems that is not too complicated to implement). To be 100% honest, I am not sure yet if this is possible. At the moment, if the length of number is > 10 or if the first digit dialed is a * or #, it will be just a string of numbers (as opposed to the (XXX) XXX-XXXX configuration). Once again, thanks for your feedback, but I will definitely have to look into it before I give any guarantees of this happening. I hope you understand.

Regards
    07-26-12 07:31 PM
    Great job on the newest upgrade! The app still hangs a bit for me when launching (regardless of a reboot), but it's still an awesome app and your communication and support with the community is outstanding!
    07-27-12 07:49 AM
    Great job on the newest upgrade! The app still hangs a bit for me when launching (regardless of a reboot), but it's still an awesome app and your communication and support with the community is outstanding!
    Hi,

Thanks for purchasing the app. The app is not hanging when launching, its just loading. I didnt put in a loading screen (because it would add 1 more item to the file - which would be a bigger footprint on the device) so that is the white screen you see. I will try to make it black screen in a future edition.

thanks.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-28-12 11:55 PM
    THANKS!! This app is fantastically rad!! My 9930 and I are super happy. It is a feature I have longed for
    ignites likes this.
    07-29-12 01:07 AM
    Just wondering... how much money have you made from this already?
    07-29-12 02:15 AM
    At the current price of Rimm stock, he can buy the company!
    ignites likes this.
    07-29-12 10:21 AM
    At the current price of Rimm stock, he can buy the company!
    i wish....loll
    07-29-12 02:01 PM
    Hi,

Since the description was NA numbering when I sold it, NA numbering will remain as it is a functionality that a large number of users enjoy. I will see if I can find a way to pick up if the phone is not from NA (or if I can find a document on numbering systems that is not too complicated to implement). To be 100% honest, I am not sure yet if this is possible. At the moment, if the length of number is > 10 or if the first digit dialed is a * or #, it will be just a string of numbers (as opposed to the (XXX) XXX-XXXX configuration). Once again, thanks for your feedback, but I will definitely have to look into it before I give any guarantees of this happening. I hope you understand.

Regards
    It shouldn't be THaT difficult ... you'll need to look at the way BlackBerry dialer does it and that's what I am requesting you to implement (nothing more fancy).

Instead of punching keys, I rather use touch - that's all ...

I am sure your major North American clients will appreciate it too, and remember BB is slowly shifting user base into other markets where it more popular. I do see the North American market shrinking ...
    07-29-12 02:25 PM
    Thanks for being so responsive to this forum. The quick updates are really appreciated.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-29-12 06:31 PM
    Would you mind clarifying? I feel like I may be misunderstanding you. What would the difference be between what you are looking for and what is native to the device since it seems like the feature you want are not relevant to the dailpad functionality itself. Are you looking for the exact same dialpad as the torches (with the contacts/address books etc?)
    The difference is there is no touch dial screen to dial a number on the 9900 and having to go into the phone and then manually type on the keyboard pressing Alt and then the numbers is well it's a slow step especially having to press Alt for dialing numbers. Your app allows users to dial a number Quickly and Immediately with a touch dial screen thus eliminating the need to manually type in a number. All I was asking was to add a way to add contacts immediately into your text field in case someone has not memorized a number yet.
    07-29-12 11:44 PM
    The difference is there is no touch dial screen to dial a number on the 9900 and having to go into the phone and then manually type on the keyboard pressing Alt and then the numbers is well it's a slow step especially having to press Alt for dialing numbers. Your app allows users to dial a number Quickly and Immediately with a touch dial screen thus eliminating the need to manually type in a number. All I was asking was to add a way to add contacts immediately into your text field in case someone has not memorized a number yet.
    Thank you for clarifying. I will take a look into this. For now, you can dial in the number and make a quick call, ending the call right before it connects and it will be in your call log. From your call log, you can easily add the contact into your address book. I know this is two extra steps to take, but hopefully this workaround can solve your problem in the meantime.
    07-30-12 12:12 AM
    Any news on when we can expect audio to be added to EasyDial?

Also, any chance there could be an option for bigger numbers for those of us over 40?

thx
    lenn
    08-10-12 02:31 PM
    lenn5 this might help!
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-10-12 02:44 PM
    Update available in app world
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-13-12 06:12 AM
    Awesome App and GREAT response by developer. I'll keep looking for new apps as they come out by yo because I haven't seen this level of service to it's customer base in 20 years. It means everything to future business, simple or not!
    maxx71 and ignites like this.
    08-13-12 01:31 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD