The update to version 1.2 is now available =). Check App World
    rawllw, niss63 and drum like this.
    07-19-12 11:28 AM
    Looks good. I've been getting the spinning clock delay randomly when I push the call button or when I close it. I never get that so was wondering if it's something your program is accessing during those times. I don't keep any programs open in the background except the ones that normally run. Thanks!
    ignites likes this.
    07-19-12 12:12 PM
    Looks good. I've been getting the spinning clock delay randomly when I push the call button or when I close it. I never get that so was wondering if it's something your program is accessing during those times. I don't keep any programs open in the background except the ones that normally run. Thanks!
    Hi, Howard, we dont have anything that runs in the background. If you would like to check feel free to look under Application Managment >> Memory and CPU and scroll all the way to the bottom is easyDial. My goal is to keep this app as light weight as possible which is why we're still trying to think of the best way of providing users feed back when they hit a key. .
    Last edited by ignites; 07-19-12 at 01:37 PM.
    howards likes this.
    07-19-12 01:35 PM
    I had this problem until I restarted the phone using alt-->Rt Shift-->Del.
    ignites likes this.
    07-19-12 02:52 PM
    I had this problem until I restarted the phone using alt-->Rt Shift-->Del.
    Always a great way to fix problems on your BlackBerry
    07-19-12 04:21 PM
    Got the update. Left review.....OUTSTANDING app...Thanks
    ignites likes this.
    07-19-12 08:08 PM
    Got the update. Left review.....OUTSTANDING app...Thanks
    Thank you, glad to hear you enjoy it.
    07-20-12 01:25 AM
    Can't seem to get the key tones to work? No sound when I push the "buttons". Can't find an option to turn the tones on/off?

Other than that, so far so good!

Thanks for the help.....

R...
    ignites likes this.
    07-20-12 09:19 AM
    I've been waiting for an app like this since i got my 9900 almost a year ago. I was so excited to purchase this. GREAT job, and can't wait to see any enhancements down the road! (The feedback on keypress is a great idea).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    ignites likes this.
    07-20-12 09:37 AM
    Excellent app. I agree, feedback on keypress would be great!
    ignites likes this.
    07-20-12 10:57 AM
    Can't seem to get the key tones to work? No sound when I push the "buttons". Can't find an option to turn the tones on/off?

Other than that, so far so good!

Thanks for the help.....

R...
    Hi,

This is an option I am looking to build in a for a future release. It is easy to build in but as you can imagine, sound bytes can also make an application go from very light weight to a bit more memory exhaustive, so I have to find a way to do this without compromising too much in terms of efficiency of the app (currently it runs just a bit over 0% of ram/cpu when left on). This is important as many would probably agree, they would rather the app to start up quicker than have feed back although I strongly agree with you that feed back from pressing a button is important! I hope you understand and bare patiently bare with me while I find a suitable solution.

Thanks you once again for picking up this app!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-20-12 12:21 PM
    Ok, thanks for taking the time to reply. Looking forward to it in the next update?

Rick

Hi,

This is an option I am looking to build in a for a future release. It is easy to build in but as you can imagine, sound bytes can also make an application go from very light weight to a bit more memory exhaustive, so I have to find a way to do this without compromising too much in terms of efficiency of the app (currently it runs just a bit over 0% of ram/cpu when left on). This is important as many would probably agree, they would rather the app to start up quicker than have feed back although I strongly agree with you that feed back from pressing a button is important! I hope you understand and bare patiently bare with me while I find a suitable solution.

Thanks you once again for picking up this app!
    07-20-12 12:32 PM
    I just installed the application and I have some comments / questions.

Why have send and end buttons when they are immediately below? Seems like a waste of space.

Similarly, why have a delete button when there is a delete button on the phone?

There is a white bar at the top with an X. What is it for? If the X is supposed to be a way to close the app, it doesn't work. Why have it when you can use the escape button?

How do you get the 0 / + button to generate a +?

The 1 button has the voicemail symbol, but it doesn't seem to work for calling voicemail.

I agree with others that there should be visual and/or audible feedback and that this app should be built-in.
    ignites likes this.
    07-20-12 01:07 PM
    make this app for FREE & ill rate it 5 stars
    ignites likes this.
    07-20-12 01:27 PM
    I just bought this app as well and found it very useful. I have similar questions to the above post and would like to ask if the app designer would consider using larger font for the for the numbers 0-9. Thanks.
    ignites likes this.
    07-20-12 02:20 PM
    Hi bimmerdriver,

Thank you for purchasing my app.

Let me try to answer each of your questions one by one .

I just installed the application and I have some comments / questions.

Why have send and end buttons when they are immediately below? Seems like a waste of space.
    RIM does not allow third-party developers to modify the commands of those buttons so the call button is required to make calls. The end call button that I've made kills the app in the most efficient way (to remove any ram usage that the app is using.. which is near 0%) it is the most correct way to do it, you can do some tests and you will see that the end button that I made closes the app a second or two faster than using the physical button when tested repeatedly.

Similarly, why have a delete button when there is a delete button on the phone?
    The purpose of this app is to replace the physical buttons on the phone which some find a bit cumbersome to use when placing calls so physical buttons are not used in this app.

There is a white bar at the top with an X. What is it for? If the X is supposed to be a way to close the app, it doesn't work. Why have it when you can use the escape button?
    The x button clears all the field if there are number(s) dialed.

How do you get the 0 / + button to generate a +?
    Could you explain why you would need to use the '+' symbol for when making phone calls?

The 1 button has the voicemail symbol, but it doesn't seem to work for calling voicemail.
    The interface that is being used is one that is a derivative of the Torch 9850/60 dialpad it does not support or launch any voice mail applications, I can remove this from future editions if this causes any confusion.

I agree with others that there should be visual and/or audible feedback and that this app should be built-in.
    This will be implemented in a later update as mentioned in other posts .

Hope this answers all your questions. Thanks once again for your purchase.
    07-20-12 03:13 PM
    Ignites, your support and timely answers to users questions is outstanding. Thank you! I will leave feedback as well.
    07-20-12 03:33 PM
    Ignites, Thanks for answering the above questions quickly and accurately. Obviously "easydial" was well thought out, and the simpler the better.......SIMPLICITY is underrated . Looking forward to future updates (lighted enhanced keys)
    07-20-12 03:47 PM
    Hi bimmerdriver,

Thank you for purchasing my app.

Let me try to answer each of your questions one by one .

RIM does not allow third-party developers to modify the commands of those buttons so the call button is required to make calls. The end call button that I've made kills the app in the most efficient way (to remove any ram usage that the app is using.. which is near 0%) it is the most correct way to do it, you can do some tests and you will see that the end button that I made closes the app a second or two faster than using the physical button when tested repeatedly.

The purpose of this app is to replace the physical buttons on the phone which some find a bit cumbersome to use when placing calls so physical buttons are not used in this app.

The x button clears all the field if there are number(s) dialed.

Could you explain why you would need to use the '+' symbol for when making phone calls?

The interface that is being used is one that is a derivative of the Torch 9850/60 dialpad it does not support or launch any voice mail applications, I can remove this from future editions if this causes any confusion.

This will be implemented in a later update as mentioned in other posts .

Hope this answers all your questions. Thanks once again for your purchase.
    I have comments on your answers.

I'm still not clear from your explanation why additional send and end buttons are required. If I enter a number with your application and press the send button on the phone, your application goes to the background. Also, I didn't see any difference in the speed to close the application whether using the end button in the application or the physical button. Is there no way to use the physical button for send and end? I don't see how the send and end buttons on the phone are more cumbersome than using the touch screen, but that's my opinion and others may not agree.

Thanks for explaining the purpose of the X. Could you use it as a delete one character for short press and delete all if you hold it down, thus combining the two buttons into one and saving space?

The purpose of the + is to dial an international number. +1XXX5551212.

On the 9900, holding down the 1 key calls the voicemail. If you can't do that from within your application, it's probably better to remove the voicemail symbol from the display.
    07-20-12 06:28 PM
    I have comments on your answers.
    Sorry let me further clarify

I'm still not clear from your explanation why additional send and end buttons are required. If I enter a number with your application and press the send button on the phone, your application goes to the background. Also, I didn't see any difference in the speed to close the application whether using the end button in the application or the physical button. Is there no way to use the physical button for send and end? I don't see how the send and end buttons on the phone are more cumbersome than using the touch screen, but that's my opinion and others may not agree.
    As far as I know, you cannot program the physical send/call keys from the phone - this is to prevent apps from messing up native call functionality.

Thanks for explaining the purpose of the X. Could you use it as a delete one character for short press and delete all if you hold it down, thus combining the two buttons into one and saving space?
    Unfortunately this feature will not available for simplicity purpose, I would like the app to be usable and as easy to understand as possible without having to provide any instructions . It is, after all 'easyDial'

You do not need to type in the + to dial international numbers, once you type the number in, your BlackBerry will automatically include the + (and sometimes includes the +1 as well if necessary)

On the 9900, holding down the 1 key calls the voicemail. If you can't do that from within your application, it's probably better to remove the voicemail symbol from the display.
    Thank you, I was not aware of this . Guess you learn something new everyday! I'll remove it next time.
    07-20-12 06:43 PM
    For those complaining that the Easy Dial Phone Icon looks like the original Phone Icon just do what I did, I hid the original Phone Icon.
    rawllw likes this.
    07-20-12 10:24 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
    You do not need to type in the + to dial international numbers, once you type the number in, your BlackBerry will automatically include the + (and sometimes includes the +1 as well if necessary)
    "You do not need to type in the + to dial international numbers, once you type the number in, your BlackBerry will automatically include the + (and sometimes includes the +1 as well if necessary)"

THis is not true. It is a standard since GSM times, that a leading + will get translated into the respective leading numbers that need to be dialled in each country individually before an international prefix. So for example in country A, you will have to dial 01149 for Germany, and in country B this will be 0049. When using "+", this gets translated to the correct prefix by the network.
    I just sent the same request for support but got no answer yet: how to dial a + with this app? Without that option, it will be of no use for me, as I have to dial foreign country codes each day.
    07-21-12 06:59 AM
    This app is perfect for MY needs. I guess if I dial foreign countries I will just use the original keypad.....simple solution to a non complicated problem. Keeping this app as simple as possible is important to ME........SIMPLICITY is UNDERRATED

Edit; Important numbers are programmed anyway
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-21-12 at 07:31 AM.
    07-21-12 07:28 AM
    This app is perfect for MY needs. I guess if I dial foreign countries I will just use the original keypad.....simple solution to a non complicated problem. Keeping this app as simple as possible is important to ME........SIMPLICITY is UNDERRATED

Edit; Important numbers are programmed anyway
    Well, a dialling app without a + is like a dialling app without a 0. It is just essential.
    07-21-12 07:36 AM
    Well, a dialling app without a + is like a dialling app without a 0. It is just essential.
    I guess that's a matter of opinion, especially since +is not on a normal keypad.
    07-21-12 08:59 AM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD