I have an upgrade on August 22nd and I have been looking at the Bold 9650 for quite some time. I currently have the Tour but the Wifi and extra memory would really make my life easier for work. So before I go down to the VZW store and humiliate myself, do you guys think there's any chance I could get the upgrade date moved up to July 18th (for my birthday)? Or would I be wasting my time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 12:17 PM
    I have an upgrade on August 22nd and I have been looking at the Bold 9650 for quite some time. I currently have the Tour but the Wifi and extra memory would really make my life easier for work. So before I go down to the VZW store and humiliate myself, do you guys think there's any chance I could get the upgrade date moved up to July 18th (for my birthday)? Or would I be wasting my time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This doesn't really answer your question, but I don't notice any difference with Wifi turned on or off. I guess I'm saying don't expect Wifi to make a huge difference in your phone's capability. I was expecting more and was a little let down.
    06-17-10 01:56 PM
    Here was my situation. My upgrade date was middle of next January so I just extended my contract by 2 years to get the $150 purchase price on the phone. They did charge me a $20 fee for upgrading early, which I think is ridiculous, but whatever.

If you want it early I don't think you have to get any dates moved necessarily, you just need to pay the extra $20. I doubt they will move your upgrade date.
    06-17-10 02:03 PM
    Give them a call. I called to ask about the same thing and was told that there was a special going on. I upgraded on the spot with no fees. Give it a shot. They don't always advertise their latest deal.
    06-17-10 04:25 PM
    Many rumors are floating about Verizon replacing Tour's with Bold's for warranty issues. Not sure if you are experiencing any issues with the device, but if you are, I'd suggest to call them, and quickly.
    06-17-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD