I have a Blackberry tour and want the wi-fi, track pad, additional memory and other features. Should I wait for a few weeks to see if the Bold 9650 has problems. Or should I just order it and rely on software updates to solve problems?

Also, does Verizon make any hardware changes to phone in the first few months to fix problems our just fix problems with OTA software updates?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 10:29 PM
    It is the same phone as your tour..get it and dump that pos...it will be fine as trackpad has been used for a long while now.
    06-03-10 10:37 PM
    Well the trackball had been used for a long time before the Tour came out, and lo and behold there were plenty of problems with the ball.

I'm in the same position and I was planning on ordering it today using the annual upgrade, but Verizon is making me wait until I've had the phone for a year (I ordered the Tour at release, thought it was in June, apparently it was July). So I'm pretty much going to wait to see if it has problem, not by choice.
    06-03-10 10:43 PM
    Well the trackball had been used for a long time before the Tour came out, and lo and behold there were plenty of problems with the ball.

I'm in the same position and I was planning on ordering it today using the annual upgrade, but Verizon is making me wait until I've had the phone for a year (I ordered the Tour at release, thought it was in June, apparently it was July). So I'm pretty much going to wait to see if it has problem, not by choice.
    yeah, it was either the first or second week of july
    06-03-10 10:50 PM
    My 9650 has been rock solid, no problems (other than a push e-mail issue that's been solved, and that was a Sprint issue, not the device). Unless you can REALLY wait for the LTE phones, I'd get one now.
    06-03-10 10:53 PM

same issue here i have to wait till july 2nd
    06-03-10 11:03 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I've ordered the 9650 and expect it soon.
    06-04-10 12:42 AM

FYI: My 1-year anniversary isn't until August, but this is how it played out with me. I called Tech Support because my Visual Voice Mail wasn't working. After having a light-hearted convo w/ the rep, I told her, "I canNOT wait until Aug 5th rolls around so I can get the new Bold 9650." So she says, "Why do you have to wait until August?" And I tell her (which was the truth) "Because the sales rep told me I had to wait 1 year".

So... know what she does?? She says "Oh that's no problem, I'll just change your anniversary date to today, then you can hop online and order it now."

I sh*t you not people. So she did it, I ordered it, and it's now OUT FOR DELIVERY according to the FedEx tracking site.

I told her I'd ship her a box of Godiva for Christmas. That got a good laugh out of her, and it was time well spent.
    06-04-10 06:42 AM
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks. No issues, love the track pad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 06:43 AM
    I recieved my Verizon Bold 9650 today. Charged the phone during dinner and started setting it up about two hours ago. The track pad is a nice upgrade the the menu is intuitive coming from a Tour.
    However, my phone would not activate using *228. The Verizon rep also could not get it to update so we had to manually enter the data. She was also unable to set up the wi-fi. I'm on hold with RIM now ant one hour fourty three minutes. They're having trouble setting wi-fi up. We deleted the service books and they're re-pushing them.
    06-05-10 12:03 AM
    Be wary of Verizon Wireless and the Blackberry Bold 9650! Ordered Bold on Wednesday night and recieved it Friday. After one hour with Verizon tech and three hours with RIM tech (Blackberry tech) they decided device was bad. Verizon tech made error in processing replacement. Called Verizon today and replacement order wa...s cancelled. End result may not have replacement Smart Phone till Wednesday.
    06-07-10 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD