Does anyone ie Crucial Xtreme etc know if this Onyx will be making its way over to Europe??. I love my Bold but am definitely interested in this one to replace my Bold but then i dont know whether to hold out for the new improved Bold or si the Onyx the new improved Bold??
    Yes it will definitely be making it's way overseas. I know for sure Voda plans on carrying this device and I assume T-Mobile will too, or carry the Driftwood.
    07-04-09 06:14 PM
    Yes it will definitely be making it's way overseas. I know for sure Voda plans on carrying this device and I assume T-Mobile will too, or carry the Driftwood.
    Sweet Crucial...Tmobile carry the Bold so i cant see them not carrying the Onyx as its a 3G handset as well...But if its coming over then thats cool as ill pick one up sim free ie not network locked as i dont like them and secondly i upgraded to another Bold from my network, Tmobile but unlocked it and sold it last month so wont be eligible for an upgrade.

But doesnt matter as ill pick it up sim free as i like my phones unbranded.
    Last edited by Spawn12; 07-04-09 at 06:41 PM.
    07-04-09 06:39 PM
    Tmobile? I can't decide to go for an 8900 or what for the onyx!! Arghhh! Someone help me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 04:13 PM
    Tmobile? I can't decide to go for an 8900 or what for the onyx!! Arghhh! Someone help me!

You can check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/onyx-8900-a-261517/
    07-10-09 07:54 AM
    Hope my 8310 holds out till onyx arrives....

07-10-09 01:43 PM
    Given the delays with the release of the Bold on AT&T, don't be surprised by an early 2010 Q2 release date. Bold has only been out since what...Nov 2008. Doubt that AT&T wants to kill Bold sales. AT&T is going to want to do thorough testing.
    07-10-09 06:49 PM
    Yes it will definitely be making it's way overseas. I know for sure Voda plans on carrying this device.
    What he said
    07-10-09 07:34 PM
    Given the delays with the release of the Bold on AT&T, don't be surprised by an early 2010 Q2 release date. Bold has only been out since what...Nov 2008. Doubt that AT&T wants to kill Bold sales. AT&T is going to want to do thorough testing.
    True, however I can tell you that there never really was much of a delay releasing Bold at AT&T. 2 weeks was it. There were a lot of marketing types that were pushing for release dates in Aug/Sept/Oct 2008 but the original test schedule had it coming out mid-late October 2008 and due to some HW issues with early builds it pushed two weeks.

That said we (testers) are very nervous because we see the same circumstances developing again. The current schedule would have release in the late Nov timeframe for Onyx but the marketing people are pushing late Sept and early Oct. I am hearing that we are already planning to shorten the field schedule by a couple of weeks to early Nov and keep in mind that the field doesn't even have this device yet to test and we think it will be 3-4 more weeks before we get it....

Last year we got Bold on July 3 and it released on November 4 and still wasn't as solid as we would have liked but we couldn't hold the marketing folks off anymore....

It's getting harder to throughly test devices because the marketing types are starting to drive the ship which means that devices will start hitting the street a lot sooner than they should and without proper testing....

PG
    07-11-09 01:10 PM
    Do we know for sure that ATT is getting it first?
    Any chance T-Mo gets the Onyx/Driftwood out first?
    07-11-09 01:25 PM
    I would rather have the onyx come out in November and work right rather than get it sooner and have problems. Even though my EDGE reception issues are getting to the point where I get tons of dropped calls or the call fails to go out because the frequencies are higher (IE crappy reception), I want the onyx to be tested right.

So, PG, you tell those marketing guys that they need to listen to you and the engineers, and that the customers want a phone that WORKS, even if it means delaying the release to Nov. The only people who even care about the release are geeks like myself, most of the customers who will pick one up will be clueless as to it being delayed. They will not however be happy when it is released early and doesn't work.

And yes, you can quote me on this.
    07-11-09 03:04 PM
    Do we know for sure that ATT is getting it first?
    Any chance T-Mo gets the Onyx/Driftwood out first?
    I have heard that the model number 9020 is exclusive to at&t. That said if the TMO version carries a different model number then there is a chance they could release their version first. That is possible since TMO uses different frequencies for 3G.

PG
    07-11-09 03:37 PM
    i just hope att is preparing their network its just so unstable right now to be called reliable
    07-11-09 09:57 PM
    I would rather have the onyx come out in November and work right rather than get it sooner and have problems. Even though my EDGE reception issues are getting to the point where I get tons of dropped calls or the call fails to go out because the frequencies are higher (IE crappy reception), I want the onyx to be tested right.

So, PG, you tell those marketing guys that they need to listen to you and the engineers, and that the customers want a phone that WORKS, even if it means delaying the release to Nov. The only people who even care about the release are geeks like myself, most of the customers who will pick one up will be clueless as to it being delayed. They will not however be happy when it is released early and doesn't work.

And yes, you can quote me on this.
    I totally agree. I'd rather have a phone come out later so we can work through all the kinks and problems and get them fixed before its avaliable to the public!
    07-12-09 01:33 PM
    i just hope att is preparing their network its just so unstable right now to be called reliable
    So here's the problem... Up until mid June at&t had made huge strides in adding capacity to the network through the fist half of 2009. After iPhone launched (love it or hate it, it sells!!!) most every market in the country was knocked back to square one....

As if that's not bad enough some markets using network equipment from one particular manufacturer are restricted to the amount of capacity they can add to the 3G network because the switching equipment is not yet ready to support it.....

So while we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to add capacity there are some places where we won't be able to add it fast enough....
    07-12-09 03:59 PM
    Hope my 8310 holds out till onyx arrives....

Same.. This would make a great present at the end of the year.
    07-12-09 04:31 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD