wow i hope it hurries up cuz its either between the onyx or storm 2 whichever comes out first...lol
    06-21-09 08:44 PM
    i cant wait, im getting a bold for 150 off a co-worker, she had it for 2 weeks refurbed working in good order. my contract has been over since feb. but i want to wait on the onyx before re-upping and been using the e71(non att versioni), i love it by the way lol, but i have been wanting the bold for a while now. now i can finally test it and put it up to test with the onyx when available to help me decide which device ill take the 2 year plunge with.
    06-21-09 11:18 PM
    well ima get wait for the onyx when it comes out. i wonder if it is gonna have the 5.0 OS though is there any speculation
    06-29-09 02:26 PM
    Last I read T-Mobile was supposed to get the Driftwood first,in Sept.If that is still the timeline then the Onyx in Winter 09' makes sense.
    06-29-09 03:33 PM
    Last I read T-Mobile was supposed to get the Driftwood first,in Sept.If that is still the timeline then the Onyx in Winter 09' makes sense.
    I heard from many sources that the onyx was coming out first then the driftwood
    06-29-09 05:07 PM
    I'll be happy with a late 09 release. Perfect xmas gift for myself!
    06-30-09 02:13 PM
    I'll be happy with a late 09 release. Perfect xmas gift for myself!
    That's pretty close to what its going to be. And more than likely no trackpad, just a trackball. October or November.
    06-30-09 02:17 PM
    That's pretty close to what its going to be. And more than likely no trackpad, just a trackball. October or November.
    Who are you again? You do realize that what you just said is going against what many reputable sources have suggested?
    06-30-09 03:03 PM
    It doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what BGR said, or Kevin. Things change and these people, while they know some things, don't know everything and aren't directly in the loop. Anyway, one of the Mods here said sept too, so why you come up with me going against sources I'm not sure. I know I'm relatively new here, but Sith_Apprentice will vouch for me and my knowledge.
    06-30-09 03:11 PM
    relic - do you know which carrier is likely to have it first? also in terms of weight how does it compare to the 8900?
    06-30-09 07:06 PM
    relic - do you know which carrier is likely to have it first? also in terms of weight how does it compare to the 8900?
    Rogers or AT&T. The 9020 is slightly heavier but nothing that is noticable. It is basically a 3G 8900.
    06-30-09 08:33 PM
    Looks like I will be going with Rogers over Bell. I don't want to be stuck with no Wifi. When I went to Japan this summer, for two weeks, Wifi was the only easy way of connecting to the internet in most hotels. I don't want to be stuck without a Wifi device in the future.
    06-30-09 09:56 PM
    It doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what BGR said, or Kevin. Things change and these people, while they know some things, don't know everything and aren't directly in the loop. Anyway, one of the Mods here said sept too, so why you come up with me going against sources I'm not sure. I know I'm relatively new here, but Sith_Apprentice will vouch for me and my knowledge.
    I'm talking about the trackpad, buddy. I'm going to listen to people who have a track record and earned credibility, so, yes, it does matter when you want to get facts as straight as possible.
    07-01-09 12:55 AM
    It seems like the lucky ones out there that have this phone all say theirs have the trackball. Does somebody have an onyx with a trackpad? It could be that RIM will come out with a revised version of the onyx later on down the road that inlcudes it. Maybe they'll call it the 9025 that sounds like something RIM would do anyway. They need to make their quota and release 10 new phones in 2010 that are all slightly different than the 09 models.. LOL
    07-01-09 08:26 AM
    It seems like the lucky ones out there that have this phone all say theirs have the trackball. Does somebody have an onyx with a trackpad? It could be that RIM will come out with a revised version of the onyx later on down the road that inlcudes it. Maybe they'll call it the 9025 that sounds like something RIM would do anyway. They need to make their quota and release 10 new phones in 2010 that are all slightly different than the 09 models.. LOL
    If that happens, I'll have to wait for the Magnum instead.
    07-01-09 08:29 AM
    if they stick a trackpad on it ill cry and stick with my 8900.

anyone know the uk release date?
    07-01-09 09:12 AM
    I think asking about releasedates in other countries is senseless because I don't think they are already made. (By the way, anybody knows anything about germany? ).

Better question: How long does it take for blackberry devices to come up in other countries then the US? What is normal? Anybody hints for ppl not living in the us or canada?
    07-01-09 10:29 AM
    Devices have frequently launched in other countries BEFORE the US. Heck, look at the Bold, launched MONTHS before AT&T.
    07-01-09 10:30 AM
    Well, that sounds awesome! Thanks for the info!
    07-01-09 10:33 AM
    More than just Sith will vouch for you bud...
    So yeah... what he said!
    07-01-09 12:41 PM
    First thing I'll say is follow CX. He will usually have the most current info. Next a couple of items to note.

1) Bold went to field testers at at&t 7/3/08 and didn't release until 11/4/08.
    2) As of today Onyx has NOT entered field trial with at&t (because I don't have mine )
    3) Carriers in Europe & Canada had this device ahead of the US. (too their detriment in some cases).
    4) There we numerous hardware and software problems with the Bold that had to be corrected.

Now was the release date pushed back because of the problems, certainly but not by as much as you might think. The Javelin didn't have nearly the problems (mostly because it's not 3G) but even that was 3 1/2 months in field trial before it came out.

I am expecting this to come to the field sometime in July in hopes of a release date around Thanksgiving...

Just the thoughts of someone who has tested the last several blackberries at at&t.
    07-04-09 04:45 PM
    First thing I'll say is follow CX. He will usually have the most current info. Next a couple of items to note.

1) Bold went to field testers at at&t 7/3/08 and didn't release until 11/4/08.
    2) As of today Onyx has NOT entered field trial with at&t (because I don't have mine )
    3) Carriers in Europe & Canada had this device ahead of the US. (too their detriment in some cases).
    4) There we numerous hardware and software problems with the Bold that had to be corrected.

Now was the release date pushed back because of the problems, certainly but not by as much as you might think. The Javelin didn't have nearly the problems (mostly because it's not 3G) but even that was 3 1/2 months in field trial before it came out.

I am expecting this to come to the field sometime in July in hopes of a release date around Thanksgiving...

Just the thoughts of someone who has tested the last several blackberries at at&t.
    Hey PG! Long time no see my friend. Great to see you. Hope your 4th is going well. Thanks for the comment. You will surely love when you guys get this.
    07-04-09 04:58 PM
    Hey PG! Long time no see my friend. Great to see you. Hope your 4th is going well. Thanks for the comment. You will surely love when you guys get this.
    I've been around just not commenting on much because up until recently all the internal chatter had been around the latest iFlop.

Anyway with that out of the way the focus has turned to Blackberry again, so I thought I would chime in.
    07-04-09 05:18 PM
    I've been around just not commenting on much because up until recently all the internal chatter had been around the latest iFlop.

Anyway with that out of the way the focus has turned to Blackberry again, so I thought I would chime in.
    Sweet! Hope we'll see you posting some again soon. I can speak for a few of us, and we've missed you.
    07-04-09 05:21 PM
    Does anyone ie Crucial Xtreme etc know if this Onyx will be making its way over to Europe??. I love my Bold but am definitely interested in this one to replace my Bold but then i dont know whether to hold out for the new improved Bold or si the Onyx the new improved Bold??
    07-04-09 05:59 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD