When the onyx comes to att what is its earliest release date. I just want to know cause its either that or the bold my contract expires on august any close release dates to that.
    06-12-09 02:23 PM
    No one can say for sure. Plan on a late 09 release, good ol Black Friday type stuff but don't be surprised by a Q1-10 date. Remember that they are looking at releasing several Berries through the end of the year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 02:48 PM
    Since I purchased my 8900 this morning (free with extension on wirefly), I figured today would be the day the Onxy release was announced....good to see no news...maybe tomorrow.
    06-12-09 08:36 PM
    well didn't exactly answer my question..lol...but can i have a time frame cause i am probably gonna get the bold and then a month later the onyx comes out and i will get pissed
    06-15-09 09:19 PM
    Fall 2009 seems realistic.

06-15-09 11:32 PM
    CX has suggested a release by the end of the year in another thread. Bearing that in mind, I might guess Black Friday or early December. Only time will tell for sure, though.

Last edited by NemesisMind; 06-16-09 at 04:31 AM.
    06-16-09 04:20 AM
    Fall 2009 seems realistic.
    not before that i guess.
    06-16-09 05:43 AM
    this sucks cuz i am getting the bold prob in august cuz i dont want my stupid chocolate anymore
    06-16-09 06:29 AM
    I don't know sh!t, but instincts (plus rumors) says it probably a Christmas Season release... like others above has suggested.

Just hold onto your stup!d chocolate for bit more... you can wait for the good stuff. You'll be glad you did. I've been suffering with this stup!d Curve for over 18 months and I'm still waiting for Sprint to get it together and release this 'Tour'. (BTW, 'Tour' name svcks. Onyx WAY cooler.)
    06-16-09 09:21 AM
    Well now that the Tour has been officially released I'm sure the Onyx will be the next on the list.

Also does anyone know how long it took for the Tour to go from the rumor/leaked pics/unoffical info, to the actual release date? it could be a good guidline for the Onyx!
    06-16-09 06:12 PM
    well ima definitely gonna wait just stick with my chocolate for a little more
    06-17-09 12:49 PM
    oh my god? december ?

i heard something abouth End of august
    06-18-09 11:35 AM
    I think RIM is getting more mainstream in their marketing and device release dates. Generally speaking you can pretty much bet devices will drop early summer to battle the likes of the iPhone and of course anywhere from Thanksgiving time in November to Christmas in December.
    06-18-09 11:40 PM
    Yeah Crucial said in another thread that he didn't think that fall '09 was going to happen, but that it was likely going to release by the end of the year, if I recall correctly. I'm hoping this pans out!
    06-19-09 12:43 AM
    Last to Tweets from CX re:Onyx

"BlackBerry Onyx mass production had been pushed back until Sept. It has now been pushed up. The powers that be want this device out soon! "

"the delay was in parts, as they hadn't been released yet. But they're ready. One carrier already has a launch date set for the Onyx!"
    06-19-09 06:34 PM
    I talked to our T-Mo Rep and she said that it would be out in the fall. Wouldn't tell me when since she said they're still testing the demos and stuff but definitely fall.

She referred to it as the 3G Blackberry for TMo so that = driftwood to me.
    06-19-09 07:26 PM
    You're gonna be pi$$ed if she meant the Third Generation Curve (8520). . Nice to hear that the Onyx is using tech that is just now ready! It'll definitely be top of the line! Thanks CX! Again.

06-19-09 08:17 PM
    hopefully september or october would be nice>
    06-20-09 08:51 AM
    where is the whole story of CX
    06-20-09 01:23 PM
    I just played with a dummy Onyx at Best Buy. Definitely has a Curve-type feel to it but appears to be a more solid build. Coming from a Bold, the keyboard is different and it is quite a bit smaller than the Bold's. But I'm excited about it. Power of the Bold in a smaller package, better camera, etc. The rep told me his guess is that AT&T will introduce it in a month or two since he already has the dummy. Can't wait!

06-20-09 01:26 PM
    I just played with a dummy Onyx at Best Buy. Definitely has a Curve-type feel to it but appears to be a more solid build. Coming from a Bold, the keyboard is different and it is quite a bit smaller than the Bold's. But I'm excited about it. Power of the Bold in a smaller package, better camera, etc. The rep told me his guess is that AT&T will introduce it in a month or two since he already has the dummy. Can't wait!

interesting, PICS lol but that would be dope though as I can buy an Onyx even though I got my Bold in November 08 woot can't wait!!
    06-20-09 02:03 PM
    So basically its out in a month ?
    06-20-09 02:30 PM
    So basically its out in a month ?
    No it will not be released in a month. It has not even started mass production.
    06-20-09 03:41 PM
    CX, might that have been a Tour dummy? I can't imagine Onyx dummies being out yet.

06-20-09 03:42 PM
    CX, might that have been a Tour dummy? I can't imagine Onyx dummies being out yet.

I would be inclined to agree. I can't see any carrier having dummy units of this device. More than likely it was a 9630.
    06-20-09 03:46 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD