Morning! Ok. i have searched... I have done everything i read on this subject..yet i cant fixed it..

Just bought BB9700 and I restore what I had on my previous bb9000 and now I show 2 calendars (1 is Groups 1 Gmail). I have my Gmail as my default service. Yet everytime I input an entry it automatically picks "Groups" as my calendar... Which is annoying.. then to top it off...I have duplicate entries... How do I get rid of "groups" I just need Gmail to be on my bb...

Any help is greatly appreciated! Holla!
    12-08-09 08:28 AM
    I have the same issue...1 entry for Groups and one for Gmail. I sync with the google sync app...I'm assuming you do too?

I actually had similar issues with facebook calendar doing the samething, but found that my facebook calendar was getting added to my device calendar, which was then sending it to my gmail, which perpetuated the double entries. i got that taken care of, but this groups calendar thing is annoying. i still have a "facebook" entry in "select calendars" but it's fortunately empty. i think it would be much simpler if you could just hit Delete when a calendar is selected.
    02-16-10 12:57 PM
    humm...i just looked in "default services" and saw that facebook was there again, so i went to "service book" and deleted the "Facebook CICAL" item. i don't feel like this really works though, as you can clearly recover it by hitting "undelete"...is there a way to permanently blow away the stupid facebook calendar, other than killing the facebook app...i'm one of the few who mostly likes it.
    02-16-10 01:02 PM
    Maybe the first time you synced your stuff GMAIL wasnt your default CICAL service?

The only time my default services changed on me was when I installed the leaked facebook, but a quick change under options>advanced>default services fixed that.

As for getting rid of the group calendar option, I don't think its possible.

Best bet is to delete all your calendars/entries, double check your default services, and then re-sync.
    02-16-10 01:08 PM
    hmm...i know i can delete the gmail stuff by signing out of the google sync app....what about wiping the "default" and "groups" calendar???
    02-16-10 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD