I never thought I'd want to move on; lol; but I'm confused as to what to do; I was a prior iphoner until I got the bold due to many things the iphone couldn't do; but it seems as the iphone has stepped up and gotten a lot better. I must say; I love my bold; I've blacked it out and all; done everything you can do to it; but today I'm thinking about selling it and going to get the iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 03:08 PM
    Good for you... Enjoy.
    07-28-09 03:18 PM
    I recently got an Iphone 3g after vowing never to get an iphone again. The screen cracked as soon as I dropped it two weeks in. Doubt the 3gs will be any different. Keep the Bold and save your money. I wish I had.
    07-28-09 03:32 PM
    You won't do it...

07-28-09 03:35 PM
    Just do it. If it's what you want, do it.
    07-28-09 03:42 PM
    Lol why are you starting a thread? To spark a flame in people? This IS afterall a blackberry forum! If you want reasons why NOT to buy it, well, search. if you want a reason TO buy it, go to a website with an apple forum and post the same thread :P

I mean, come on! BLACKBERRY FORUM!

Just my 2 cents. My bro has an exchange account on his BB, with 3g on, he can't even get 5 hours... (with standby and some calls and some texts and some emails) i've been going hard with 3g, 30 minutes of calls and TONS of emails and TONS of BBM, and TONS of browsing, and 15 hours later, still @30% Reason enough
    07-28-09 03:46 PM
    I never thought I'd want to move on; lol; but I'm confused as to what to do; I was a prior iphoner until I got the bold due to many things the iphone couldn't do; but it seems as the iphone has stepped up and gotten a lot better. I must say; I love my bold; I've blacked it out and all; done everything you can do to it; but today I'm thinking about selling it and going to get the iphone

do what makes u feel happy homie. I will say tho i have a friend who went frm a curve to a strom then to a iphone. Now my friend sees my Bold and cant stop tryn to make me let her have it.....

here whats u do (if you have the xtra ends) buy a iphone and use it for a bit. If you dont like it you can probably resell it for what u bought it for if you do like it then PM ME and we can work summthn out for your bold.

good luck
    07-28-09 03:55 PM
    You will miss running several apps in the background. Mark my words you will. I know I do!
    Oh yeah, no MMS/PUSH yet either.
    07-28-09 04:06 PM
    So mms no push is working yet? I thought that was on 0S 3?

07-28-09 04:15 PM
    Do what ya wanna do, but I really would save my money, get a pair of sneakers.....much better then an iPhone
    07-28-09 04:34 PM
    Here's my take... If you wait at least a couple months, you'll get details on the upcoming Onyx or maybe even the next iteration of the iphone which is in development. The 3G S hardly improved on the 3G but the next iteration will be a substantial improvement.

Now my next point is, what do you plan to do with the iphone 3GS that you cannot do on your Bold? I have found that the only thing the iphone really has over the Bold is the apps/browsing. Otherwise the Bold is amazing. If RIM got rid of their archaic security issue and allowed apps to be stored on device memory or SD cards, there wouldn't be any reason to upgrade.
    07-28-09 04:50 PM
    I had the iphone 3g. Then got my first BB which was the Bold. love it, but missed the convenience of the touchscreen. so then i went to the iphone 3g S.

i used it for less than a month and came back to the bold. one word: QWERTY. i couldn't get used to that touchscreen typing. it's so horrible. also, email is crap on the iphone.

but.... to each his own..
    07-28-09 05:24 PM
    I guess I'm pretty lucky in that I have both - I have a Bold since the AT&T release party, had an iPhone since the first one became available and bought the 3GS as soon it came available. I carry them both with me every day.

Here are my random thought, ymmv, for sure:

The Bold is the superior email machine. For corporate email, internet mail, sms, whatever, if you have to type type more than a line or two, the Bold is totally the way to go. My biggest pet peeve of the Bold was that the battery life sucked hard, but with the newer versions of the OS, turning it into an Edge-only phone for the most part, has made the battery life much more better. It also seems pretty durable. I dropped my Bold several times from some cringe-worthy heights onto hard surfaces and somehow, it has survived well.

The iPhone rocks for applications. It isn't even close. Comparing the applications on the iPhone to the Blackberry is like comparing the Blackberry to a Motorola Razr. As a options trader, I have some amazing tools for doing stock charting and market tracking, I can easily trade online with some specialty applications. I can take pictures of UPC codes on boxes when shopping and in 10 seconds I can have prices of that same item online everywhere. I have 100+ applications on it, even the Kindle application from Amazon and sync the bookmarks with my actual Kindle.

The camerea, sans-flash, on the iPhone is better than the Bold with the flash.

The iPhone is much bulkier to carry around than the Bold. The iPhone blows chunks for battery life compared to the Bold. Even with both on Edge, the iPhone is so application-centric that once you start using anything, the battery visibly starts dropping.

So, I carry both because the Bold is the only way to go if you have to write a lengthy email. It's excellent. The iPhone just sucks for anything like that, especially if you are trying to write something that needs to look like a professional wrote it and isn't going to have spelling mistakes.

For "fun" or when traveling, or some somewhat serious applications other than email, the iPhone is the best thing on the market right now.

If you have to pick one, I'd say if you are only a light or personal email user, the iPhone is really amazing, I've been a blackberry user since they looked like pagers, probably 10 years now, but as of today, the Blackberry can't hold a candle to the iPhone applications. Sure, it can't do background applications, but the push stuff for iPhone is bridging that gap.

The Blackberry is the best email/sms tool, period.

My opinion, from a long-time and current user of both.
    07-28-09 05:33 PM
    do you want to sell you bold for 300$ ? unlocked ?
    07-28-09 05:59 PM
    I know exactly how you feel mate,
    Thats why I went and bought both of them,
    I have to say i didnt think I would enjoy the bold as much as I am.
    I am totally head over heels for my bold.
    Love her very much,
    Never depart from her.

Good luck in your decision, but i would'nt get rid of the bold.
    Not for anything
    07-28-09 06:05 PM
    I have both, well to be precise my girlfriend has the iphone 3gs, it looks cute, but you have to ask yourself what U need it for, the Iphone is a great toy, youve got the apps, browsing, and pictures, its perfect for my girlfriend. If you want to get serious, have security issues and manage a heavy amount of emails during the day, dont even think about it.
    I had my bold replaced a couple of weeks ago and during that week I used her Iphone since I was stuck with a creepy samsung omnia my carrier gave meanwhile, The experience was dreadful typing long text is a nightmare, encryption can b broken by a 12 year old.. I have to accept its fun, but its a toy its not a serious corporate phone...

of course do as you want but if you are on a budget save yourself some money cause youre gonna end up just reselling your new iphone to get another Bold, and loose a couple of 100s on the process
    07-28-09 06:49 PM
    Thanks to all!

07-29-09 08:26 AM
    I have both at this moment.....I went from iphone to bold ( best move ever) then I had to get a second line so I got the iphone with it. I have to say I would NEVER get rid of my bold

07-29-09 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD