I don't know what I was thinking! Guess I am too old to figure out this phone. Just bought my first Blackberry (Bold 9000) & there is a little itty bitty "icon" at the very top of my home screen just to the right of the profile button that has a #2 with this tiny picture of 2 circles connected with a line at the bottom of the circles. I am thinking it looks like I have 2 messages of some kind, but NO clue what! Have scrolled through all the docs I can find for the last 2 hours with no luck! Anyone know what this thing is AND what to do with it besides throwing this whole thing in the trash?!!!
    Thanks!
    sew4388
    08-16-09 04:54 PM
    Its voicemail. Press & hold 1 to hear your msgs. The icon will go away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 04:56 PM
    lol good question, jk
    08-16-09 04:58 PM
    Its voicemail. Press & hold 1 to hear your msgs. The icon will go away.

DUH!! Thanks. Why I ever bought a phone that is smarter than me I will never know!! The strange thing is that I figured this was some type of notification, but could find nothing in the manuel that addressed it. Sometimes the message pops up on the screen that says I missed the call & I can access voicemail from that, but once that disappeared, I couldn't figure out what this thing was!! Should have posted hours ago!!

THANK YOU!! Now all I have to do is figure out HOW to send a text message & I will be all set - well at least partly set!! LOL!!
    08-16-09 05:04 PM
    I take it this your first ever cellphone? That icon is the universal icon for a voice message. welcome and feel free to post any other questions you have.

08-17-09 02:33 AM
    Text message - go to ur messages icon. Click trackball. Hit the menu botton (the one with the blackberry icon on it) scroll down and select compose sms.

There u go (don't know if u were serious or not)
    08-17-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD