So this is my first BB-BB transfer... do I need to do the device wizard to switch over my PIN etc BEFORE I activate my new phone, or after I activate it on Verizon?
    06-04-10 12:00 PM
    I'm not sure it make much of a difference. I have always done it after activation though.
    06-04-10 12:03 PM
    It does not matter when you use the Device Switch Wizard.
    06-04-10 12:05 PM
    You switch the PIN on your BIS account page, just Google "Verizon BIS". It's the ESN (or MEID, not sure) that you have to change with Verizon.

Call Verizon CS and have them switch the ESN, then you can transfer.

Or you can transfer and then call CS and have them switch the ESN.

Or you could even go online and switch the ESN yourself on the My Verizon site.

It doesn't really matter which order you go in.
    06-04-10 12:05 PM
    So this is my first BB-BB transfer... do I need to do the device wizard to switch over my PIN etc BEFORE I activate my new phone, or after I activate it on Verizon?
    the device switch wizard does not switch the pin over as far as I know.

YOU do that by going to MY VERIZON on the web. Log in. Go to activate my phone. There is a place to put in your new ESN and new PIN. Your same Wireless phone number should already be there. Once you do that, you dial *228 choice 1 and your new phone gets ACTIVATED and you hear the three beeps. then you are activated and your old phone is no longer active.

Then you can add whatever you want to it.
    At east this is how I think you do it. This is what I intend to do...

Did I get it wrong? Somebody? Anybody? Help?
    06-04-10 12:09 PM
    the device switch wizard does not switch the pin over as far as I know.

YOU do that by going to MY VERIZON on the web. Log in. Go to activate my phone. There is a place to put in your new ESN and new PIN. Your same Wireless phone number should already be there. Once you do that, you dial *228 choice 1 and your new phone gets ACTIVATED and you hear the three beeps. then you are activated and your old phone is no longer active.

Then you can add whatever you want to it.
    At east this is how I think you do it. This is what I intend to do...

Did I get it wrong? Somebody? Anybody? Help?
    I know for a fact that for BBM and to begin receiving emails through the BIS you have to log into your Verizon BIS page (a Blackberry website) and switch your device PIN there. I didn't think Verizon was concerned with BB PIN numbers, just the ESN.
    Last edited by bacon.jay; 06-04-10 at 12:20 PM.
    06-04-10 12:17 PM
    I know for a fact that for BBM and to begin receiving emails through the BIS you have to log into your Verizon BIS page and switch your device PIN there. I didn't think Verizon was concerned with BB PIN numbers, just the ESN.
    Absolutely correct! Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten about BIS and changing the PIN there so you can get your email going.
    06-04-10 12:24 PM
    Shouldn't the "re-register" work to change your pin? I've had two bb's (a pearl and now the curve) and never had to call them to update my pin. I DID have to re-register after activation. Or am I silly and its the same thing?
    06-04-10 01:24 PM
    Shouldn't the "re-register" work to change your pin? I've had two bb's (a pearl and now the curve) and never had to call them to update my pin. I DID have to re-register after activation. Or am I silly and its the same thing?
    Hmmm... not sure....
    06-04-10 01:40 PM
    After doing the device transfer I get. Fatal error occured. Please try again.
    I have already tried several times.
    I activated first.
    Any solutions?
    06-04-10 09:44 PM
    After doing the device transfer I get. Fatal error occured. Please try again.
    I have already tried several times.
    I activated first.
    Any solutions?
    Make sure you're using the lastest version of Desktop Manager
    06-04-10 11:00 PM
    Yes. I have latest DM. Here's how I went around it. I backed up my Storm. Then I connected my Bold and pressed restore. It installed most of my stuff. Contacts, calendar, saved emails. For my media I just switched sim cards. I could however not transfer my 3rd party apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD