I decided to try out/buy Simore dual SIM adapter (how I wish RIM made a true dual SIM card device). I guess I am sort of a Beta tester. They are giving me their "Platinum Edition" for the price of the Silver 1, which is a savings of 10 Euros EUR 59 vs. EUR 69 (OK, not such big savings, but what the heck...the advantage can be meaningful).

They believe there's no reason the product, which works fine with the 9000, won't work with the 9700, but the device is new and they want to prove it out. My guess is if you email (in Switzerland, I think), they will extend the beta test discount.

If you are a heavy international traveler, this will pay for itself pretty quickly and the convenience of not having to open and close the back and take out the battery all the time to change SIM cards is significant (let alone I am sure one of the reasons my a previous BBerry of mine was alleged to have water damage (even though it worked fine) was because of opening the back in Asia during a period of high humidity (maybe even mist?).

Anyway, I am just an unauthorized messenger here for this slight discount offering on a product that should be appealing to some.
    11-24-09 07:52 AM
    Thanks, good info. I noticed that the 9550 isn't on their compatibility list, so I did email them to offer my services as a beta tester to certify their product on the 9550/9520 series phones. *fingers crossed*
    11-24-09 08:20 AM
    Let us know how it goes.
    11-24-09 11:26 AM
    So does the Simore dual sim work with the 9700? I've been thinking of getting this as well.
    12-08-09 07:15 AM
    Any news on the trials?
    03-09-10 04:36 PM
    Yeah any news? I'm thinking about getting it. I heard u need to cut the 2 existing sim card into size so it fit into the simore sim card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 05:02 PM
    what is the bebefit of having duel cards ?
    03-09-10 05:06 PM
    if u have to ask...u probably dont need this.
    03-09-10 07:51 PM
    They can fight each other. Its much more intense than pokemon! (Sorry, but I couldn't resist! haha)

Any news about it working on the 9700?! This could save me a fortune!
    03-09-10 11:21 PM
    Is there software that goes with this? I've got a second line that I'd love to not have to carry two phone around. Does one operate as a master?
    03-09-10 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD