So this morning I woke up early to catch the beginning of the 24h of Le Mans. I was very excited and proceeded to practically run down my carpeted stairs. As I get to the last two steps, I feel my Bold slip out of my hand. My thoughts went from oh well, its carpeted to OMFG its tile! At the bottom of my staircase is tile. I saw it in mid air and just thought of the pictures of lcd liquid and a cracked screen. It lands with a crash amd I stand on my 3rd step with my hands on my head, looking at my 3 piece Bold. She was facing down so I couldn't observe the damage..

About a minute later I got myself together and flipped her over - not a scratch, dent, scuff, crack, nothing. I was beyond relieved as I've been so scared to drop her

Btw I didn't have my innocase on :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 11:58 PM
    the only thing i can say is this:
    A very close encounter.
    06-14-09 12:06 AM
    Very lucky lol! No more running down the stairs
    06-14-09 12:23 AM
    The last time I dropped mine I broke the screen internally. Was able to order it and get it fixed.

Glad Boldy made it through okay.
    06-14-09 12:39 AM
    Last time I dropped mine, Curve, it hit the corner of a power supply transformer and cracked the screen!
    Fortunately an easy job to replace the screen.
    06-14-09 02:46 AM
    cnn.com try that
    06-14-09 02:46 AM
    You reckless BB abuser!

06-14-09 02:50 AM
    What are the chances.........brave little berry

06-14-09 06:09 AM
    Lucky. I always seem to have bad luck like that for some odd reason

06-14-09 10:24 AM
    Like dropped toast always landing buttered side down; does the Bold always land screen side down?

Call Mythbusters!
    06-14-09 10:30 AM
    I love my OTTER case for times like this.....

Thank goodness i never dropped my bold yet and don;t ever want to.

Glad your BARE bold never got broken from its fall.
    06-14-09 01:50 PM
    I had a terrible experience the other day. I was at the Lakers championship celebration and the Coliseum and I was cheering like crazy. All of a sudden my Bold manages to slip out of my hands and it lands directly on the concrete floor of the bleachers. I panicked for a split second then remembered I had a Seidio Innocase 360 on it. The case came apart but my Bold was in perfect condition. Other than a little scratch on the case where it made contact with the concrete, it's in perfect condition. Needless to say, I'm glad I bought this case.
    06-19-09 06:18 PM
    That is why I have an Otterbox Defender... Ugly? Yep! Bulky? Yep! Bulletproof? Oh yeah!
    06-19-09 06:26 PM
    happens to all of us man
    06-19-09 06:34 PM
    I panicked for a split second then remembered I had a Seidio Innocase 360 on it. The case came apart but my Bold was in perfect condition. Other than a little scratch on the case where it made contact with the concrete, it's in perfect condition. Needless to say, I'm glad I bought this case.
    I had one of those cases on my BB 8330, and I am planning on getting for my new Bold as well now. I just need to decide which color would look better on it.
    06-19-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD