Well I have had my bold for about a month and I've been dealing with dropped calls, as soon as my call drops reception goes right back up and the phone goes through all the signals (gprs, edge, 3G, and 3g) had the phone replaced same issue, replaced the sim card same issue. Before this phone i had the iphone and never experienced this, dont want to go back to an iPhone but if I cant fix this I may have to. Does anyone have any ideas or any suggestions.
    06-25-09 03:45 PM
    If you're running the stock AT&T OS, I would recommend looking at upgrading the OS to something newer. The stickies at at the top of the forum provide good direction. www.hookedontronyx.com also has some information (and I think links to various OSes).
    06-25-09 03:48 PM
    two options.
    1) (recommended)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/

or

2) Upgrade to OS 282 stickied at the top of this forum.
    06-25-09 03:51 PM
    Thanks guys. I just upgraded well see how it goes, before I would drop half my calls just sitting in my office so i have a few hours of initial testing left.
    06-25-09 05:51 PM
    Yeah, update us with how the OS update is working out for you after a couple days. That usually helps a LOT.
    I have AT&T as well and I don't know about your area, but in my specific area the handoff between EDGE and 3G is terrible, so when I'm on a call (using 3G) and my signal goes down to EDGE, it drops my call and I get the stupid "Call Failed!" popup without any audio notice so if I don't look at my phone I'm basically talking to myself the whole time until I do. Forcing 2G/EDGE instead of 3G fixed this almost 100%!
    06-25-09 05:54 PM
    i cant take it that I get NO dropped calls...lmao...ahhh...poppin that blackberry cherry, fa' sho!
    06-25-09 08:32 PM
    Yea unbrand. Period /thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 10:19 PM
    it is beyond foolishness, when people start having hallucinations regarding their bberry, e.g "dropped calls, can't take it".
    06-25-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD