i dropped my bold getting out of my car and the bezel got all dinged and scratched =(. now i wanna buy a new bezel. i've been lookin around and saw some nice white ones. where would be the best site to order them from
    07-08-09 01:16 AM
    Cnn.cn is the place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 01:17 AM
    but they only have black!
    07-08-09 01:18 AM
    but they only have black!
    Hmmm. Search for the WhiteBerry Bold threads and I'm positive the OP's mentioned where they got them from.

07-08-09 01:22 AM
    Dealsishop.com is a site you can try. If all fails Ebay

07-08-09 02:23 AM
    truesupplier.com is good but shipping is a bit much for the time it takes
    07-08-09 02:30 AM
    I dropped mine this weekend too and it's pretty ugly. Unsure if I want to void my warranty though.
    07-08-09 02:47 AM
    Damn....looks like we ALL dropped out Bold this weekend (including me)

It fell right out of my pocket when I sat down on a chair, one big scratch on the bottom right corner of the bezel and a little on on the upper left corner...lucky that no scratches are on my LCD and other parts!

I checked out cnn.cn, nice prices....got a few colored bezels there (but I want the black one for sure).
    07-08-09 05:01 AM
    Ebay is cheapest.
    07-08-09 07:57 AM
    Ahh. Voiding the warranty. My bold is only 3 months old. Im scared to take the leap!
    07-08-09 08:31 AM
    Even though they say different, cnn.cn isn't OEM right?
    07-08-09 05:56 PM
    I seriously doubt it,It all comes from china anyway.
    07-08-09 06:16 PM
    the only OEM BB stuff would be the silver bezel and the white trackball. the black bezel in a sense is also OEM since they sand down the silver and paint it Black instead. but the other trackballs aren't OEM apart from G1 and the 8900 trackball
    07-08-09 06:24 PM
    why does oem even matter? I don't think anyone can tell the difference.
    07-08-09 06:32 PM
    Just because you can't "tell" the difference, doesn't mean it's not there.

When I change my brake pads. I could put in the cheap ones from the local auto parts store and they'll look the same as if I were to get another pair of factory OEM's. But when those cheap pads rub down within a year or two and the OEM's are going strong for 3+ years. then you know there's a difference.

I wouldn't change the bezel if I was you if I was still in warranty. I would just get a skin or case and keep the damage hidden till the warranty was up and then change it all up. I know it will drive you insane to see it damaged. But what happens if you open it up to install a cheap $6 dollar bezel and your screen fries in a month and you cannot get it fixed since you voided the warranty?
    07-09-09 04:43 AM
    they claimed it to be OEM though
    07-09-09 05:34 AM
    Just because you can't "tell" the difference, doesn't mean it's not there.

When I change my brake pads. I could put in the cheap ones from the local auto parts store and they'll look the same as if I were to get another pair of factory OEM's. But when those cheap pads rub down within a year or two and the OEM's are going strong for 3+ years. then you know there's a difference.

I wouldn't change the bezel if I was you if I was still in warranty. I would just get a skin or case and keep the damage hidden till the warranty was up and then change it all up. I know it will drive you insane to see it damaged. But what happens if you open it up to install a cheap $6 dollar bezel and your screen fries in a month and you cannot get it fixed since you voided the warranty?

Everyone knows not to buy car parts from the dealer,It's a ripoff generics do just fine atleast here in the U.S. they do. I would never buy OEM car parts.
    If my Bold was under warranty I would simply switch out my aftermarket parts before getting a warranty service. It doesn't matter anyway because I was under the impression that only authorized repair people could work on the Blackberry ( I may be wrong on that)
    07-09-09 06:50 AM
    berrymods.com is the best by far. The flat black bezel they offer blows every other bezel currently in production. Cnn.cn is okay, but their products pale in comparison.
    07-09-09 07:37 AM
    I dropped my Bold within the initial 30-day period and didn't return it, though I could have (gotten away with it).

I haven't dropped it since, but it has dings on all four corners from that one drop. I also have a scar on my hand and one on my upper arm. Sh-t happens. Nothing stays new-looking forever.
    07-09-09 09:36 AM
    Everyone knows not to buy car parts from the dealer,It's a ripoff generics do just fine atleast here in the U.S. they do. I would never buy OEM car parts.
    If my Bold was under warranty I would simply switch out my aftermarket parts before getting a warranty service. It doesn't matter anyway because I was under the impression that only authorized repair people could work on the Blackberry ( I may be wrong on that)
    You sir are heavily mistaken and are one of the reason the domestic autoparts industry has collapsed. Ripoff generics do not even compare to factory original parts. Dealer's do sometimes rip you off. That's why you go to a local store that carries OEM parts. There are many. And they are as cheap as the generic "Made in China" knockoffs. If you want OEM GM parts, try ACDelco.com and see how they are 50% cheaper than buying from your dealer.

OEM brake pads are almost guaranteed to last 3 years or longer. Those generic ripoffs are meant to break down within a year to year and a half tops. And then you have to buy them again which would cost as much,if not more, had you got factory quality from the beginning.

I'm not knocking anyone because they buy stuff from the local autozone/shucks/etc... Because you also want to save money. But tell me something, when the whole country wants to save money and would rather buy made in china products, you cannot complain then, that made in usa products and jobs are disappearing no?
    07-10-09 06:15 AM
    Truesupplier.com

Bought an OEM bezel from there for $11.99

07-10-09 07:11 AM
    How do replace the bezel once you have the OEM replacement?

07-11-09 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD