Yeah I agree and I just bought an 8900. If the wood has what I'm hearing it will be the ultimate bb hands down.(Let us call it the VZW killer)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 09:53 PM
    Even though we haven't seen any leaks from tmo in regards to this device, i really hope that they are working on getting this bb out asap. The 8900 is nice and all but its all too little and after using the keypad on the Bold, i cant get accustomed to the 8900 keypad. Plus, having 3G will dramatically increase productivity with the ability to communicate via voice and use data simultaneously. I'm aching for a leak of some sort for some time now, somebody has got to spill the beans sooner or later!!
    07-07-09 11:00 PM
    So will the Driftwood have 3G or not? If not, I'm getting the 8900 right now...
    07-08-09 11:19 PM
    So will the Driftwood have 3G or not? If not, I'm getting the 8900 right now...
    Yes,it will have T-Mobile's AWS 3G and Wi-Fi w/UMA.
    07-09-09 07:13 AM
    The problem is T-mo doesn't have 3g in very many places right now, hopefully they keep rolling it out in new cities aggressively
    07-09-09 07:59 AM
    The Bold should have come to T-Mobile instead of the 8900. I would ditch my 8900 right now if a Bold with T-Mobile 3G popped up in front of my face. This is the ultimate BlackBerry for T-Mobile users. It'll also have the Bold keyboard instead of that cramped 8900 keyboard. Honestly, typing on an iPhone is more comfortable than typing on my 8900.

Also, with UMA and AWS, it was a general UMA and 3G incompatibility. But now there's the technology to have 3G and UMA in one phone.
    07-09-09 11:31 AM
    A lot of what you say is personal opinion.... I am glad we have the 8900 over the bold.... It would be nice if we had access to both BBs... then you could choose.
    07-09-09 11:51 AM
    A lot of what you say is personal opinion.... I am glad we have the 8900 over the bold.... It would be nice if we had access to both BBs... then you could choose.
    +1 When Tmobile released the 8900 it was a nice boost for them. I know I bought one it's still a hot phone for those that don't like the bulkiness of the Bold.
    07-09-09 12:39 PM
    I probably will ditch At&t for T-mobile when the Driftwood drops. Seems like you get better service packages for less money with them. (Which might change when they finally get an uber-blackberry to wave in people's faces, but I hope not.)
    07-09-09 12:48 PM
    Yeah... I love small phones.... I had the pearl before....

I was willing to trade the large size for the convince of a full keyboard and the bigger screen, but I wont go any bigger!
    07-09-09 12:49 PM
    I probably will ditch At&t for T-mobile when the Driftwood drops. Seems like you get better service packages for less money with them. (Which might change when they finally get an uber-blackberry to wave in people's faces, but I hope not.)
    Hopefully by then there 3G coverage will almost complete. I know where I live in central FL,It's a bit spotty but for the most part it works. Which is 100 times better than this time last year.
    07-09-09 12:51 PM
    So....is the driftwood touch screen or not? Anyone know? I just bought an 8900 and I keep trying to touch the screen, it is so bright and just screams "TOUCH ME" but alas, it isn't a touch screen. I was just telling my friend (the one that talked me into using my upgrade on the 8900) that if this phone had touch screen it would be perfect. I do love the 8900. It is a crazy good device (coming from an old 7105T) but if the new one is like this one with touch screen then I am returning it and waiting a month or two for it. So does anyone know about the driftwood?
    Thanks,
    Chad
    07-12-09 07:11 PM
    The driftwood is a non touch screen phone. But it will be the first 3g berry on tmo.

07-13-09 08:52 AM
    Alright, I returned my 8900 today. I really want a touch screen but really like BB phones. But hate the storm. Whats a boy to do. Anyway, there I was returning the phone and telling the guy that I heard a rumor that a new BB driftwood was coming out maybe in Sept. The sales guy just started grinning like that cat with the big teeth and says "how do you know this?" I explain to him that it is all over the internet and that is why I was returning the phone. He proceeds to tell me that they just got informed that one of their sales reps was chosen as Mr. Blackberry of the store or some such non sense and he is supposed to go to some BB event in with T-mobile(prob just a sales or training thing?). My guy assumed that they would know more about the new BB after that. BUT he did say that he was told by the same people that chose the Mr. BB guy, that it is 8900ish and touchscreen (although he didn't know it as the "driftwood")....

Jerking my chain? Who knows. He didn't even know when this event was supposed to take place so who knows when we might know more. I figure either way, the touch pro2 comes out in mid Aug and maybe the new BB after that so I will have my touch screen and full keyboard one way or the other!

Chad
    07-13-09 08:10 PM
    That sounds like the magnum. I do not think tmobile is getting this device. Although anything is possible.

07-13-09 09:58 PM
    Will tmobile Driftwood come with the trackpad like the 8520 and the Onyx come with the trackball?
    07-15-09 09:41 AM
    The newest picture of the Onyx shows a trackpad.Supposedly the Driftwood will come equipped with the trackpad as well. So far very little has been "officially" released about these devices,especially the Driftwood.
    07-15-09 10:15 AM
    Yes,it will have T-Mobile's AWS 3G and Wi-Fi w/UMA.
    I can second/confirm this, and fall launch, assuming no delays in schedule.
    07-18-09 04:02 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD