I downloaded Msn messenger, AIM messenger and Google messenger and installed them to my new Bold. Then I found out they will not work with my wifi connection so they are useless to me on the phone. I want to uninstall them but cannot figure out how to do it. When I go the the application list to do a normal uninstall they are not even showing up there. If I go to the menu with the any of the three apps highlighted I get no removal option. Where do I go from here to remove these programs? Thanks for any help.
    08-04-09 08:39 AM
    When you are installing from the latest version of appworld the program will remain as 'archived' and can be reinstalled easily.

To remove go to appworld
    >myworld
    >find the program
    >delete
    >the program will initially show as "uninstalled".

Unfortunately the program can not be removed through DM or tools
    08-04-09 09:03 AM
    Sorry but these apps were not installed from appworld. I can't get that program as I do not have a data plan and only use wife so BB does not allow me to download that program.
    08-04-09 03:15 PM
    All my instant messaging apps work with wifi only so maybe you need to sort that out before you just give up. I have aim, wlm, gtalk, yahoo and bbm, all work with wifi only.
    08-04-09 03:42 PM
    try downloading a program called BBfileScout... it's kinda like windows explorer for your BB.
    08-04-09 04:40 PM
    All messenger type applications are actually managed via your service books. These control your various email accounts on your berry as well. Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > highlight and delete ALL service books with the relevant description for the service you would like to delete. Be warned however, the icons will likely return to your device the next time your carrier resets your service signal - most of those are services for which the vendor has paid your carrier to force them to your phone. They won't be any more then the innert icons - you would be required to activate them again to 'reinstall'. Your best bet is honestly to create a "Useless Sh�t" folder, throw all of the innert icons in there and hide it. Out of sight, out of mind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 05:10 PM
    All my instant messaging apps work with wifi only so maybe you need to sort that out before you just give up. I have aim, wlm, gtalk, yahoo and bbm, all work with wifi only.
    The problem is that the OP doesn't have a data plan.
    08-04-09 05:47 PM
    Why not just try going to the app in the normal BB menu, bring up the menu, then selecting Delete?
    08-04-09 05:52 PM
    Did you try deleting them with desktop manager on your computer?

08-04-09 05:56 PM
    Good suggestions ydaraishy and FloRidaSrt, but those oprions do not work for Service Books. Pain in the ***, but what I wrote above is your only option without a 3rd party software option.

08-04-09 06:15 PM
    Why do you care about removing the service books? Once the app is gone, the service book becomes redundant.

I think possibly upgrading/reinstalling your OS would clear any unused service books, possibly.
    08-04-09 06:36 PM
    highlight the program IE MSN, Google or whatever, hit the berry button and there should be an option to delete right from there. Make sure your not in your home screen but you can do it from the home screen by hitting the berry button and then selecting icon and deleting
    08-04-09 06:48 PM
    I downloaded Msn messenger, AIM messenger and Google messenger and installed them to my new Bold. Then I found out they will not work with my wifi connection so they are useless to me on the phone. I want to uninstall them but cannot figure out how to do it. When I go the the application list to do a normal uninstall they are not even showing up there. If I go to the menu with the any of the three apps highlighted I get no removal option. Where do I go from here to remove these programs? Thanks for any help.

How about just going to the apps ICON hitting the bb button and deleting from there.
    08-04-09 06:49 PM
    Why do you care about removing the service books? Once the app is gone, the service book becomes redundant.

I think possibly upgrading/reinstalling your OS would clear any unused service books, possibly.
    Because it's the only way this can be done. Please try to highlight and delete the icon like you've suggested. It will not work for service book controlled applications. Reloading/upgrading the OS will not resolve this issue. The only way the remove this kind of application is to delete the service book.

08-04-09 09:03 PM
    Lots of suggestions and I appreciate them all. As I stated these apps are not in the application list in advanced options so you cannot delete them there. If you try to delete them on the icon there is no delete option. I did find them reference in the module listing in the application menue and deleted them there. Two listings, (slightly different) for each of the three apps and deleted both for each app. They do not show up now on the unit anywhere I can find them but they were hard to find except for the icons before. They are not listed in the service book area either and yes I did try the desktop manager and they did not show up there either. The only place I could find them shown was in the module listing.
    08-04-09 09:25 PM
    On the phone, goto:
    Options - Advanced Options - Applications

Scroll down to the application, select the menu key and select Delete fomr the menu.

Delete all the aplications then do a hard reset (pull battery whilst phone is still on, wait 10 seconds and put the battery back in).. The device will restart and the apps wil be gone!

If they are not listed in Appplications then there will be Servcie books for thm and you will have to delete the servcie boks.

Options - Advanced Options - Service Books...
    Last edited by OzBBerry42; 08-04-09 at 09:30 PM.
    08-04-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD