Hi all, I just want to ask if tyhe double letter issue that some of us are having is solved with a Software update?

I just wanted to ask if its an issue with the software that can be solved or is it really a hardware issue?

if anyone might have a fix for this kindly please share it.

Thanks
    08-15-11 10:38 AM
    It's a hardware issue... and a quick search would have found you the fix

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-pics-617191/
    08-15-11 10:52 AM
    I've found that using predictive text on my 9780 stops the double key input although it can also be a pain when it tries to find what word you want to have. I've gotten used to it and my double input is gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 03:21 AM
    It's a hardware issue... and a quick search would have found you the fix

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-pics-617191/
    i was just thinking "you got to be kidding me" but then i remembered that searching forums these days is like praying for miracles.....aint gonna happen.
    08-16-11 04:07 AM
    everyone keeps saying that it's a hardware issue, something to do with the keyboard membrane, but from my observation, the double press gets worse whenever there's a lot of data pending, waiting to be delivered to the bb.

I usually go on trips to areas without gsm signals for a couple of days and each time I return to gsm coverage, the double press issue would get worse as emails, chats, etc are being pushed to my device.

I also found a hybrid os by crackberry user wu-wei that kinda solved the problem. It has been two days of usage and there has been no double press issue so far for me.
    08-18-11 10:10 AM
    I changed the membrane 2 times already, a professional did it for me and he cleaned the contacts very thouroughly... The problem still persists.... I'm now sure that the issue is either software related or it's due to a hardware issue other than the membrane...
    marksasongko may have a point cos sometimes the phone doesn't register the keypress at all for like a second....
    08-19-11 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD