Question for you guys. I'm in the US and I made the switch from Verizon and a droid with poor battery life today and got my first blackberry from t-mobile. I got the 9780 and it's currently charging so haven't used it yet but I happened to see on the box it says made in Mexico 1.

Now I'm hearing people in the CB forums say the "made in Canada" or "Made in Hungary" 9780 phones seem to be of better build quality and have less issues than the mexico built 9780 phones.

So, my question is does t-mobile even sell the canada or hungary 9780 model in the US? And since I just got my phone today would T-mobile swap it for one in canada or hungary if I called them up to see if they had them in any of my local stores? Maybe I'm paranoid since I haven't even tested my mexico 9780 yet but just want to prevent any future problems with the phone as it was amazing to try out in the store. Thanks in advance for any replies!!!

Josh
    02-11-11 11:24 PM
    The ones in the U.S. are coming from the MEXICO factory... 1 & 4 builds.... Don't worry, there are plenty of people with functioning 9780's from that factory.... Worst case scenario you do an exchange with T-Mobile, they are very good about it.... This phone is worth the hassle (if there is one).
    02-11-11 11:44 PM
    I have 2 I purchased in Canada and they are from mexico I have a 1 and a 4 and both work perfectly
    02-12-11 12:16 AM
    It seems that the USA and Canada both get the Mexican made 9780's, and Europe get the Hungarian made ones.

The only Canadian made devices I've seen have been the pre-release models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD