Has anyone bought Simore's dual sim adapter and installed it on you bold?

After reading some comments on the firm's reliability as well as having a look at Simore's self-made video clip on YouTube, I have purchased it and just ended up feeling so pissed off after finding it just functional under 2G mode.

In contrast of the company's advert on its website regarding not only its compatibility to USIM card but its full support to 3G connectivity, it just works if my bold is set at "2G Only" mode. As soon as I switch network settings to "2G & 3G" or "3G only," it shows simply "Simcard Rejected" and stops working properly.

Here below is the company's response to my enquiry as to its support to 3G connectivity, which sounds like they are simply making up their own story to free from claims or refund.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To answer your comment, the HSDPA / 3G has been successfully tested with
    some telecom providers and not with some other.

Due to some USIM cards limitation, we are sometimes forced to use the GSM &
    Edge mode only.

This is the reason why Simore can only guaranty the voice transfer over USIM
    cards.
    Last edited by bhoonchoi; 06-18-09 at 12:00 PM.
    06-18-09 11:38 AM
    This is the reason why Simore can only guaranty the voice transfer over USIM

They really said that?
    06-18-09 11:47 AM
    They really said that?
    I cut and pasted it from an original message from Simore. As a matter of fact, I can't find any such comments similar to its original meaning on the company's website. I just feel ripped off at the moment.
    Last edited by bhoonchoi; 06-18-09 at 12:12 PM.
    06-18-09 11:56 AM
    wow! thanks for the heads up info! i was just now online at there site and about to purchase! however i found this post when i did the google search!
    10-17-09 11:32 AM
    Yup, thanks for the head's up here as well. Hopefully the word will spread from here and not too many people will get ripped off. That definitely sounds like back stepping in my book.

Bryan
    10-17-09 01:11 PM
    has anyone had any luck with simores dual sim for thw 8900bb??
    01-27-11 11:34 AM
    I have a BB Torch 9800 and my Simore works well.

To have the 3G connectivity, you must use the Simore Infinite or Platinum.
    You can have a look on the Simore website "Products comparison"

Alex
    02-28-11 03:27 AM
    Which one did you buy for your Torch? How is the sim cutting? I'm a little worried about that part...

When you cut the SIM, is it the same as a micro-sim? Wondering if I can just buy a micro-sim from my carrier instead of cutting my current card.
    06-13-11 10:35 AM
    My Infinite Light did not work. Sent it back. No refund. Waste of time and money -stay away.
    07-06-11 01:31 PM
    Platinum+ works fine on a 9000 with 3G.

The cut is different, its similar to microsim, but in another direction. The diagonal line ends up on the opposite side.

Another thing, installation is very delicate, as the film is really thin and its waaaaay too easy to scratch, bend or break. Which is probably why people have so many problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 07-06-11 at 06:12 PM.
    07-06-11 06:10 PM
    Infinite Light didn't work for me. I sent it back. No refund. Stay away.
    07-12-11 05:29 AM
    SO when you use one of these do you always have to switch lines, or can you receive calls from both numbers anytime?
    07-12-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD