Just wondering if anyone knows if Rogers.com would ship a non-contract phone to the US. Also, does anyone know if Rogers can unlock the phone if you buy it without a contract? Seems like it would be a perfectly reasonable request, considering that it wouldn't be a subsidized purchase.

Has anyone here in the States ordered one from Rogers? I see a lot of people talking about ordering them from Ebay - but it would seem that ordering from an actual carrier might be a little more reliable.

You know what I find so odd about the Bold delays, is that I have been wanting it and hearing about it since January / February. Now, I've read so many reviews, seen so many photos and videos that I almost feel worn out with it all. Like it's no longer new to me. It's like it's an old phone, and I don't even have one.

RIM waited WAY too long. Or perhaps they leaked the details way too soon. Either way, they forked it up if you ask me. But I'll still buy it.

Typically product launches have leaked product photos 1 week in advance of the product hitting the market. Then when it's actually available - we're all stunned and excited, and it leads to an immediate purchase. I honestly think this painful wait has really killed a lot of interest they would have had if they released it several months ago, as it should have been.
    08-22-08 03:10 PM
    Im with Rogers and they have a policy to not unlock ANY phones. I have called so many times its not even funny trying to get an unlock code from them. As for buying from Rogers.com I have no idea, you can buy my Bold from me haha Im picking it up this afternoon.
    08-22-08 03:15 PM
    rogers will not unlock the phone for u or give u the unlock code UNDER ANY CONDITION. u're gonna have to buy the lock code off a website or on ebay. they're pretty cheap on ebay... under $20

i am not sure, but knowing rogers, i can almost guarantee they won't ship it to the US, especially if u're not a rogers customer.
    08-22-08 03:15 PM
    Im with Rogers and they have a policy to not unlock ANY phones. I have called so many times its not even funny trying to get an unlock code from them. As for buying from Rogers.com I have no idea, you can buy my Bold from me haha Im picking it up this afternoon.
    I might want to take you up on that! Assuming of course that Rogers.com wouldn't ship to me directly.
    08-22-08 03:21 PM
    you know whats funny vodafone i think was sued by cust for not providing unlock codes or smt we should do the same for rogers
    08-22-08 03:34 PM
    and rogers wont ship to the states
    08-22-08 03:35 PM
    I need to find a friend in Canada!
    08-22-08 03:38 PM
    I'll sell locked one's to you T-Mobile/ATT users haha.
    08-22-08 05:11 PM
    I'll sell locked one's to you T-Mobile/ATT users haha.
    ya keep sayin that. How much?
    08-22-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD