Okay, so I called AT&T and actually got an unlock code for my Bold. However, they are not as willing to release my PIN. After calling them a few times I started considering other options. First question is, does this method really work? If so second question is, anyone willing to give me a hand with this method? No personal info from the other person would be given as far as I can tell, only I'd be giving my account name and password. Anyone care to help? I don't know any other Bold users around here. Majority of the people I know have either Sidekicks or non smart phones. Thanks in advanced guys
    Last edited by Lluvia; 07-28-09 at 08:56 AM.
    07-28-09 08:48 AM
    *Bump*

Anyone? :3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:38 AM
    Before you go down that path, have you thought about who you are switching to? Give them a call as they can usually aid in freeing up your PIN.
    07-28-09 11:06 AM
    You shouldn't have gotten an unlock code and in the same call asked to have
    your PIN released. That's what I'm assuming happened. Call again in a few
    days and see if they release the PIN.
    07-28-09 12:33 PM
    No, didn't happen during the same call. I obtained the unlock code first and then (next day) I called to jave my PIN released. They told me they are unable to do so because I've been with them for less than six months. I unlocked it to use with T-Mobile, I'll see if they are able to help me when I obtain my plan with them. If not, then I might just get the Curve 8520 and wait to call again till I can release my Bold's PIN. Thanks for the help guys :3

07-28-09 08:30 PM
    No, didn't happen during the same call. I obtained the unlock code first and then (next day) I called to jave my PIN released. They told me they are unable to do so because I've been with them for less than six months. I unlocked it to use with T-Mobile, I'll see if they are able to help me when I obtain my plan with them. If not, then I might just get the Curve 8520 and wait to call again till I can release my Bold's PIN. Thanks for the help guys :3

It is quite possible if you are no longer a customer with AT&T in the future
    they won't have to release the PIN for you. If I were you I'd just keep trying.
    You'll get someone to do it for you eventually.
    07-28-09 08:34 PM
    that method actually works. my friend did that to release her bold from it's previous owner's account. she was receiving his emails for a while until we tried this. she bought it on ebay from an american seller which we were no longer able to contact (we're in OZ) and it was registered on the american BIS on at&t. this released it and it is working fine now on her own emails.
    07-28-09 09:27 PM
    It is quite possible if you are no longer a customer with AT&T in the future
    they won't have to release the PIN for you. If I were you I'd just keep trying.
    You'll get someone to do it for you eventually.
    Okay, I see. Will keep on trying and hopefully someone will do it for me :3

that method actually works. my friend did that to release her bold from it's previous owner's account. she was receiving his emails for a while until we tried this. she bought it on ebay from an american seller which we were no longer able to contact (we're in OZ) and it was registered on the american BIS on at&t. this released it and it is working fine now on her own emails.
    Thanks for the info, now either keep calling AT&T or get another AT&T BIS user to help me out.
    07-28-09 09:42 PM
    i'm not convinced that you would need the same carrier though... or else my friend wouldn't have been able to do hers seeing as we used an Aust BIS to get it off AT&T
    07-28-09 09:47 PM
    i'm not convinced that you would need the same carrier though... or else my friend wouldn't have been able to do hers seeing as we used an Aust BIS to get it off AT&T
    Hmm, interesting. Well, perhaps I can try to do this with my friend who has a Storm (Verizon).
    07-28-09 09:51 PM
    if it's verizon you might run into problems since verizon is CDMA and the Bold does not support CDMA so it's questionable whether their system to allow an unsupported phone to be registered. Try another gsm carrier
    07-28-09 10:13 PM
    Ah, thats right. I'll see if I can find a T-Mobile/AT&T/Rogers user around here XD.Thank you for the info and help :3
    07-28-09 10:21 PM
    lie a little will ya ... what i did with mine was i called in using my mom's att acct acted like i wanted to use the phone using att service.. i told the rep lady that i got the phone over on ebay and couldnt get ahold of the previous owner .. took her less than a minute to release it i said thank you, hung up, went on t-mobile site then signed up for bis on tmobile...
    07-28-09 10:24 PM
    lie a little will ya ... what i did with mine was i called in using my mom's att acct acted like i wanted to use the phone using att service.. i told the rep lady that i got the phone over on ebay and couldnt get ahold of the previous owner .. took her less than a minute to release it i said thank you, hung up, went on t-mobile site then signed up for bis on tmobile...
    haha that would work too :-P.
    07-28-09 10:33 PM
    I see what you did, will give it a shot :3
    07-28-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD