Just curious being that you would pay $125 if you lost your phone I would think a new Bold.
    06-30-09 11:20 PM
    Nope...re-furb
    06-30-09 11:27 PM
    Since insurance is provided by your service provider, I would suggest checking with them. I would think they'd give you a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 09:41 AM
    it depends on your carrier and their insurance company,
    07-01-09 09:49 AM
    Depends. I've been fortunate enough to get new phones a few times, but normally I've been sent refurbished phones.
    07-01-09 09:50 AM
    no-I think this phone is a refurb too. it doesn't have the atc sticker in it but I'm sure that's not the only indicator that it's a refurb.
    07-01-09 09:51 AM
    I bought a refurb Bold as my first BBerry with a new 2 year plan. It has the ATC sticker and has been trouble free for the three months I've owned it.
    I'd rather have a refurb as they are individually inspected and QC'd. 'New' phones are batch inspected and QC'd...they take one off the assembly line, check it out and if it's good they 'pass' an entire batch of BB's that were on the line with it.
    07-01-09 10:02 AM
    I had a refurb Bold that had no data transfer whatsoever out of the box. I think they just check to see if the reason the phone is returned is fixed and it boots back up and call it a day.

I was lucky because I got it replaced with a new one since I got it as a gift. Now my new one died and back to getting a refurb since it is under warrenty and not an insuranse claim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD